Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 [UPDATE 5/1]

Tip us?

bigrushdog
Old
(Last edited by bigrushdog; 1st May 2011 at 06:50 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6013

DONATE TO ME
Default [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 [UPDATE 5/1]

ClockworkMod Recovery

Quote:
This is ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 for the Motorola Xoom. It is build from Koush's latest source found in the CyanogenMod repo. It is compatible with all known models. At this time, DO NOT MAKE ANY NANDROID BACKUPS OR RESTORE AT THIS TIME. Just use recovery to flash kernels and zips. Reason being, you will end up with a super massive data.img likely larger than your fat32 sdcard can store. Fat32 has a maximum file size of 4GB. I am working on a viable backup solution.
Quote:
Quote:
Credits:
  • Of course Koush! Who else could build a recovery that works on every device on the planet!
  • JesusFreke, Modaco, Cyanogen, Toastcfh, Shinzul. You guys are the Android Pioneers! Without you, we would all be bound and shackled by the corporate tyrants that make hardware and provide to us "service". Because of you, we are free. Thanks
  • kcrudup, onicrom, MADindustries, cybertronicz for helping me bounce thoughts around.
  • Tiamat fans, donors, and moral supporters: Thanks a ton!
Quote:
Quote:
NOTICE: Nandroid works exactly as it should. That means if you have 20GB of media in your internal storage, you will end up with a massive 20GB data.img on your SD Card. At the moment, there is nothing that can be done about this. Also, Flashing recovery has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON YOUR ANDROID SYSTEM AND DOES NOT WIPE ANYTHING.
Installation Instructions

Pull up your command prompt, then

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot
Let your Xoom boot up. Then to check out your shiny new recovery,

Code:
adb reboot recovery
Also, you can grab Rom Manager or QuickBoot from the market for easy access to recovery.

Download

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8

MD5SUM: 9c851890ca04232cf95d0f224f752975
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigrushdog
Old
(Last edited by bigrushdog; 17th April 2011 at 12:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6013

DONATE TO ME
About a day or so ago, I stated the following in another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushdog
The recovery will be up shortly. In the mean time, i recommend you back up your /data/media folder to your computer. The way things have turned out. Android will have to treat your external sd card as the real sd card. In other words, android will no longer use your internal memory for things like camera. your internal memory will just be storage space. But, isn't this the way it's supposed to be? Also, this should enable Mass Storage. You will also have to flash a new updated kernel which will also be up soon.
I think this statement was probably premature. Flashing recovery has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON YOUR ANDROID SYSTEM. Recovery is completely separate. In the not-to-distant future, we should have a mod that will allow your Xoom to treat sd card as the system sd card. In other words, when you take a picture, it will go on the sd card. Also, apps will automatically store data to the sdcard. However, this future mod will have nothing to do with recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigrushdog
Old
Thanks Meter 6013

DONATE TO ME
reserved for future

jase33
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1737
Awesome work!!!!!!!! Glad to see it working on wifi model.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dj_ghosie
Old
Thanks Meter 64
great work thanks a lot!
Sony Xperia XL
Rom: CM10.1

Google Nexus 4
Rom: Ubuntu Touch Nighties

Motorola Xoom Wifi
Rom: Team Eos Nighties

Asus Transformer TF700T

Google Nexus 7

Kas206
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Thank you! Just made a backup.
Nokia N96 > HTC Touch HD > HTC Hero > HTC Desire > Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 4 > LG G2

Motorola Xoom > Nexus 7 >

whitedragon33
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks for all your hard work, bigrushdog! Now I just have to wait until payday to get a decent SD card.
Galaxy S4/TWRP 2.6.3.0/Stock Rooted 4.3/Ktoonz Kernel

ASUS TF700T Infinity Pad/ TWRP 2.6.3.1/miniC 1.2a

youngproguru
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thank you so much bigrushdog,

Can we use Rom Manager to flash CWM, and if so, can I use the verison in Rom Manager or do should we only use the version you have provided in this thread?

Thanks again,

bigrushdog
Old
Thanks Meter 6013

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngproguru View Post
Thank you so much bigrushdog,

Can we use Rom Manager to flash CWM, and if so, can I use the verison in Rom Manager or do should we only use the version you have provided in this thread?

Thanks again,
Yes you can. Its the same recovery. Only difference is I built the one posted here and, of course, Koush built his.

spineforu82
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Is there a newer kernel needed for this? I remember you saying something about that but i still see the same kernel from 4/14 1.3.1?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe