5,605,835 Members 47,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 [UPDATE 5/1]

Tip us?

DroidHam
Old
Thanks Meter 150
so do I need the new kernel with the sdcard2 made in /sdcard/ before doing this?

je2345
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Yes.
I notice in the thread bigrushdog statest to put music and videos on sdcard2 so there isn't such a huge nandroid being created. Although when i moved all my music to my sdcard2 yesterday the music player wouldn't play any of the music. Would get Error playing track on every one and then all the albums disappeared from the library

bigrushdog
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5805

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hm1b View Post
Thank you so much for this option. I will be waiting for your next SD card option.
Ya, me too... If you got ideas, you know where i lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlGmanlx View Post
This is going to be epic!
Yes, Gman, it is. Full of #winning too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidHam View Post
so do I need the new kernel with the sdcard2 made in /sdcard/ before doing this?
No, you don't. Recovery is completely independent of the rest of the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by je2345 View Post
Yes.
I notice in the thread bigrushdog statest to put music and videos on sdcard2 so there isn't such a huge nandroid being created. Although when i moved all my music to my sdcard2 yesterday the music player wouldn't play any of the music. Would get Error playing track on every one and then all the albums disappeared from the library
Go into the market and look for some time of "media scanner" app or widget. I highly recommend "extended controls". It's likely android has to "find" those media again. It's a work in progress...

Elementix
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Yea, that's why I've just decided to use the cloud for all my music..

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

je2345
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thanks bigrushdog! For some reason i have an sdcard2 folder inside my sdcard like /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 and one when i open astro file explorer /mnt/sdcard2. Which one am I suppose to be using? Also your first post says flash recovery.img via fastboot before using rom manager to flash clockworkmod recovery...where is that recovery.img file? Thanks for all your help

ke5hde
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok got it flashed, made a nandroid. Where the heck did it put it. Don't see a backup folder in clockwork like I do on my X. I can see it if I boot into recovery but I would like to be able to move my backup to my laptop or at least the external card.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
HTC Thunderbolt
Droid X ginger
Xoom wifi
Nook Color cm7 and oc'd

bigrushdog
Old
Thanks Meter 5805

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by je2345 View Post
Thanks bigrushdog! For some reason i have an sdcard2 folder inside my sdcard like /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 and one when i open astro file explorer /mnt/sdcard2. Which one am I suppose to be using? Also your first post says flash recovery.img via fastboot before using rom manager to flash clockworkmod recovery...where is that recovery.img file? Thanks for all your help
You "should" not have /mnt/sdcard2 . Delete that folder and reboot. dont worry. You're not actually deleting data. Of course, please back up.

bigrushdog
Old
Thanks Meter 5805

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke5hde View Post
Ok got it flashed, made a nandroid. Where the heck did it put it. Don't see a backup folder in clockwork like I do on my X. I can see it if I boot into recovery but I would like to be able to move my backup to my laptop or at least the external card.

It should be in sdcard/sdcard2/clockwork/backup/some_folder_with_dates

ke5hde
Old
Thanks Meter 1
That's what I figured but don't see it on sd2. Only have a titanium folder there. Weird. I see clockwork in sd1 but don't see the backup folder anywhere.

HTC Thunderbolt
Droid X ginger
Xoom wifi
Nook Color cm7 and oc'd

kev0153
Old
Thanks Meter 84
wow works perfect, making a backup now thanks

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe