Thread Closed

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 [UPDATE 5/1]

OP bigrushdog

17th April 2011, 04:35 PM   |  #21  
Akron, OH
Thanks Meter: 154

2,228 posts
More
so do I need the new kernel with the sdcard2 made in /sdcard/ before doing this?
17th April 2011, 04:45 PM   |  #22  
Holland
Thanks Meter: 22

352 posts
More
Yes.
I notice in the thread bigrushdog statest to put music and videos on sdcard2 so there isn't such a huge nandroid being created. Although when i moved all my music to my sdcard2 yesterday the music player wouldn't play any of the music. Would get Error playing track on every one and then all the albums disappeared from the library
17th April 2011, 04:50 PM   |  #23  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA
Thanks Meter: 6,171

3,179 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by hm1b

Thank you so much for this option. I will be waiting for your next SD card option.

Ya, me too... If you got ideas, you know where i lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlGmanlx

This is going to be epic!

Yes, Gman, it is. Full of #winning too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidHam

so do I need the new kernel with the sdcard2 made in /sdcard/ before doing this?

No, you don't. Recovery is completely independent of the rest of the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by je2345

Yes.
I notice in the thread bigrushdog statest to put music and videos on sdcard2 so there isn't such a huge nandroid being created. Although when i moved all my music to my sdcard2 yesterday the music player wouldn't play any of the music. Would get Error playing track on every one and then all the albums disappeared from the library

Go into the market and look for some time of "media scanner" app or widget. I highly recommend "extended controls". It's likely android has to "find" those media again. It's a work in progress...
17th April 2011, 04:51 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 18

169 posts
Yea, that's why I've just decided to use the cloud for all my music..

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App
17th April 2011, 05:00 PM   |  #25  
Holland
Thanks Meter: 22

352 posts
More
Thanks bigrushdog! For some reason i have an sdcard2 folder inside my sdcard like /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 and one when i open astro file explorer /mnt/sdcard2. Which one am I suppose to be using? Also your first post says flash recovery.img via fastboot before using rom manager to flash clockworkmod recovery...where is that recovery.img file? Thanks for all your help
17th April 2011, 05:03 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
More
Ok got it flashed, made a nandroid. Where the heck did it put it. Don't see a backup folder in clockwork like I do on my X. I can see it if I boot into recovery but I would like to be able to move my backup to my laptop or at least the external card.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
17th April 2011, 05:03 PM   |  #27  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA

3,179 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by je2345

Thanks bigrushdog! For some reason i have an sdcard2 folder inside my sdcard like /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 and one when i open astro file explorer /mnt/sdcard2. Which one am I suppose to be using? Also your first post says flash recovery.img via fastboot before using rom manager to flash clockworkmod recovery...where is that recovery.img file? Thanks for all your help

You "should" not have /mnt/sdcard2 . Delete that folder and reboot. dont worry. You're not actually deleting data. Of course, please back up.
17th April 2011, 05:06 PM   |  #28  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA

3,179 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke5hde

Ok got it flashed, made a nandroid. Where the heck did it put it. Don't see a backup folder in clockwork like I do on my X. I can see it if I boot into recovery but I would like to be able to move my backup to my laptop or at least the external card.

It should be in sdcard/sdcard2/clockwork/backup/some_folder_with_dates
17th April 2011, 05:11 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
More
That's what I figured but don't see it on sd2. Only have a titanium folder there. Weird. I see clockwork in sd1 but don't see the backup folder anywhere.

17th April 2011, 05:20 PM   |  #30  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 84

609 posts
More
wow works perfect, making a backup now thanks

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread