An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge – XDA TV

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

G2x working on web2go or t-zones?

18th April 2011, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

244 posts

FYI, T-mobile has a list of all IMEI matched up to its respective device. It's up to T-mobile whether or not it's black-listed. That's why sometimes when calling CSR, they will be able to call you that you have an iPhone despite T-mobile not carrying the iPhone. You may argue, "nexus14, when I log into mytmobile.com, my phone shows up as a blank image! therefore, T-mobile must not know what phone I'm carrying."

Wrong. T-mobile knows -- it's either T-mobile doesn't have a stock image of your device or it hasn't been programed into their website yet. Regardless, there exist some sort of master IMEI list that links up to each respective device.
Last edited by nexus14; 18th April 2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: info regarding imei
18th April 2011, 08:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tempe Arizona!
Thanks Meter: 32

744 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus14

I will let you know tomorrow

I am wondering if i will have to buy the phone outright to keep my tzones or if they will consider that a data plan and let me use my upgrade...
18th April 2011, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHaste

I will let you know tomorrow

I am wondering if i will have to buy the phone outright to keep my tzones or if they will consider that a data plan and let me use my upgrade...

My understanding is regardless of buying outright, they have the imei numbers in there database from these phones and would prompt you for an upgrade and wouldnt work. Isnt it the nexus phones that t-mobile doesnt get the imei numbers from?
18th April 2011, 04:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 257

1,800 posts
More
I highly doubt it will work.
MyTouch 4 and OT don't work with my grandfathered web2go (got error page), so don't have high hope.
18th April 2011, 06:48 PM   |  #5  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 118

364 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesajoejoe

My understanding is regardless of buying outright, they have the imei numbers in there database from these phones and would prompt you for an upgrade and wouldnt work. Isnt it the nexus phones that t-mobile doesnt get the imei numbers from?

I believe it was only the Nexus One that didn't have its IMEI documented with T-Mobile. When I switched over to my Nexus S, I was no longer able to use my $10 data plan. It was a real kick in the crotch.

And that's the Nexus S, which wasn't even sold directly from T-Mo. I wouldn't get my hopes up about web2go on the G2X
Last edited by sosquidtaste; 18th April 2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Typooooo
18th April 2011, 06:58 PM   |  #6  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 257

1,800 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosquidtaste

I believe it was only the Nexus One that didn't have its IMEI documented with T-Mobile. When I switched over to my Nexus S, I was no longer able to use my $10 data plan. It was a real kick in the crotch.

And that's the Nexus S, which wasn't even sold directly from T-Mo. I wouldn't get my hopes up about web2go on the G2X

I can confirm that $10 web2go (not 200MB) works with nexus one but NOT NS (except you root it and move /efs folder to safe place).
As I have "4G web" tagged on my EM+ 3 in 1 plan, I am fine with it, but 3rd line (with web2go) will have problem.
18th April 2011, 07:07 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
t-zones/web2go will not work on the g2x.

i heard in settings, there isnt an option to edit the apn in order for one to use t-zones/web2go.

so there will be a point in time where we will all have to cough up $30 data plan or whatever..
18th April 2011, 08:16 PM   |  #8  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 126

814 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeC281

t-zones/web2go will not work on the g2x.

i heard in settings, there isnt an option to edit the apn in order for one to use t-zones/web2go.

so there will be a point in time where we will all have to cough up $30 data plan or whatever..

There is an option to add a new APN, you just can't modify the default epc.tmobile.com one.

Oddly enough my web2go (or whatever the $10 dollar plan is called) is working. I'm using the internet2.voicestream.com.

Hopefully it stays this way.
18th April 2011, 08:48 PM   |  #9  
Flag Tempe Arizona!
Thanks Meter: 32

744 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikikaz

There is an option to add a new APN, you just can't modify the default epc.tmobile.com one.

Oddly enough my web2go (or whatever the $10 dollar plan is called) is working. I'm using the internet2.voicestream.com.

Hopefully it stays this way.

No phone yet... but if web2go works then t-zones should work... they use the same apn's

and i am coming from a nexus one...
18th April 2011, 09:10 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 13

213 posts
It might work for a short period like the NS did. But eventually, but will start blocking imei. If web2go works, this would be THE phone and the end of all the HD2er

Sent from HTC HD2 with Android
Last edited by coldest~~~; 18th April 2011 at 09:13 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread