The SuperOneClick rooting method outlined in this thread currently only works for Android 2.2. It does not work with Gingerbread 2.3.3.
To root 2.3.3 -
1) Install CWM (ClockworkMod Recovery): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1056847
2) Flash rooted ROM of your choice. Here is a stock rooted 2.3.3 ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179748
Here's a brief guide on how to root the T-Mobile G2x. This assumes that you already have adb installed. If you do not, a quick search will point you in the right direction
Note: I take no credit for rooting the G2x. I am not the developer of SuperOneClick, and this is a simplified version of a guide already posted by domi007 in the O2x forum (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=953182). I am just posting a guide in the G2x forum because no one else has yet.
1) Install ADB driver: http://www.junefabrics.com/bin2/LGDriver.exe
2) Enable USB debugging on your phone (Settings->Applications->Development), and connect your phone to your computer via USB.
3) Run SuperOneClick: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682
4) Choose the option "Root"
It's really that simple...enjoy
jnichols959 has provided a simple solution to rooting the G2x for Mac and Linux users. We hope that keeping two separate threads will not add to forum clutter. On the contrary we think each thread will be less cluttered and therefore be more helpful to the end user.