Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to unbrick my dead boot Desire HD

Tip us?

Sleipnir1985
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How to unbrick my dead boot Desire HD

Hey Geeks,

I need some help and I bet that you could help me!

I ve used the search engine to not post anything someone did before. But there was nothing that could help me.

First I ll describe you what I ve done to brick my Desire HD:

My phone is rooted, S-OFF, ENG S-OFF with CM 7. After installing the new ROM I wasn`t able to install anything from the amrket. So I ve looked up for the reason and tried different things to sovle it. I ve read somewhere that it could help to add a partition to my SD-card. So I ve used the ROM Manager to format my sd card and create a partition.

ROM Manager asked me if I am sure bla bla... you know what I mean. After giving ROM Manager su-permission my phone shuts down. From there on nothing happened. (and still no patition on my sd card).

It`s not reacting to the power button, to the volume-down + power button nor is blinking my LED when I connect it to the USB-Port. Seems like it`s out of energy (but my akku was charged before I ve stzarted with the partition of my sd card).

I ve tried to put out the akku for several minutes. No reaction.

Removing SD-Card before pushing the power button: No reaction

Plug in to charge battery without hitting any button... some hours later: still no reaction

Formating SD-Card: No reaction

Then I ve tried to install the RUU 1.32., saved it on my sd-card, plugged phone in to start... my pc is not detecting my phone.

And now I am helpless

frosty_ice
Old
Thanks Meter 75
So it doesn't boot at all? Because if it doesn't, you are pretty much screwed...no boot -> no access -> no fix, but I don't believe that you can screw your phone up that badly by partitioning your sd-card.
Unless someone has a fix for this (and the problem doesn't solve itself somehow), your best bet is to send your phone to HTC for a repair, they probably won't charge you anything if it is still covered under warranty, since they can't really check for any modifications if it doesn't boot. It is probably a hardware problem any way.

Sleipnir1985
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty_ice View Post
So it doesn't boot at all?
Nope, nothing happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty_ice View Post
it is still covered under warranty, since they can't really check for any modifications if it doesn't boot. It is probably a hardware problem any way.
THIS makes me happy, but I would prefer any other solution.

forelli
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir1985 View Post
Nope, nothing happened.

THIS makes me happy, but I would prefer any other solution.
The fact that it doesn't boot at all is a good thing for send it back for warranty purpose. But if you formated your sd-card, you lost root anyway. You have to make a backup of your SD-Card before you format/partition it, and then copy everything back.
And your initial issue was maybe due to an outdated version of Gapps...
HTC One Black
S-OFF
Big thanks to the Firewater Team

If I was useful to you, please press the THANKS button

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me." Sith Code
gplus.to/Starkiller as Galen Marek Twitter: @Darth_Sideous as Dantius Palpatine

Flussen
Old
(Last edited by Flussen; 18th April 2011 at 10:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 68
why should he loose root if he formats his sd-card? you have root even without an sd-card.
if nothing helps to get your DHD back to life, you probably have to send it to HTC. but I think it's covered by warranty since it's (probably) a hardware fault.
btw, i think i've seen a thread like this somewhere here yesterday... i'll have a look and post a link if i find something

Edit: found it! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1013582&page=2
look at page 2. there are some people with the same problem, but there is no solution yet.

2-die-4
Old
Thanks Meter 64
But you do have CWM-Recovery on it don't you?
And if, can you get into Recovery?

Had similar Problems, once...

But my phone only showed the white HTC Logo and that was it....

What i did was the following... flashed Revory via Fasbootload from Computer...

Next, i formatted my sd card via computer and copied a new Rom.zip onto it.
In my Case, leedroid.

Next, i just flashed it and it happened to work again, luckily.

Flussen
Old
Thanks Meter 68
he can't even boot into the bootloader.

tkolev
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flussen View Post
why should he loose root if he formats his sd-card? you have root even without an sd-card.
if nothing helps to get your DHD back to life, you probably have to send it to HTC. but I think it's covered by warranty since it's (probably) a hardware fault.
btw, i think i've seen a thread like this somewhere here yesterday... i'll have a look and post a link if i find something

Edit: found it! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1013582&page=2
look at page 2. there are some people with the same problem, but there is no solution yet.
Hardware fault or not, rooting voids warranty. Let's hope that they can't inspect the internal memory.

Anyway, is the phone reacting to connecting to a proper charger (try to leave it plugged in for a couple of hours even if the LED doesn't light up)? The other thing you could try is to find a friend with a DHD and swap the batteries just to try if somehow you managed to kill your battery.

powerdedo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hi Sleipnir1985,
go back to your shop,
when did you buy it? they must take it for service, or they give you new one.
it is only best solution in this case

if you take battery out for 5! min, then plug it in and hold volume down then push power button - nothing happened, this is it, the end...

cheers/

Flussen
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkolev View Post
Hardware fault or not, rooting voids warranty. Let's hope that they can't inspect the internal memory.
yes, but HTC replaces your phone if it's a hardware and not a software fault. a friend of mine got his DHD replaced with eng hboot, radio S-OFF, custom rom and so on. and lots of people here on XDA also.

Tags
bricked desire hd, dead boot