Hi guys. yeah hi to you guys.
this thread are probably only for newbies, and when you're reading at this post,
YES , you're noobs. (i once was)
what purpose im posting this thread?
since there's been couples of, i mean tons of new x10 mini/pro that with no ability to solve their problem with:
bricked devices, downgrade, upgrade, rooting, xrecovery.
not all member can help you guys everytime when kill your device or asking for tutorial how-to thing with posting new thread.
so i decided this post gonna help you solved most of your problem.
Before wee get started, lt me explain little more details ABOUT: 1. Rooting
3. Flashing, Downgrading and Upgrading
What is Rooting? and what are the benefits Rooting my device?
Let me tell you why.
What Is Rooting?
First of all, for the newbies, let me define what rooting is. Getting root or
rooting your phone is the process of modifying the operating system on your
device which will grant you complete control over it.
This means you can overcome limitations that the carriers and manufacturers
put on your phone, extend system functionality, and even upgrade it to a custom flavor of Android.
The name root equally known as Administrator on Windows is called root.
Benefits Of Rooting
Full Control Over Android
1. Back Up The System
2. Save Space On Your Phone
3. Move cache data to SD card
4. Move installed applications to SD card
5. Install Custom ROMs & Themes
6. Run Special Applications:
some of application that needed rooting access
# Super User – allows you to approve or deny root access to any application
# Auto Memory Manager – kills tasks you wouldn’t be able to otherwise
# Move Cache for Root – move cache for browser, market, maps, street view,
and gmail onto SD card
# Startup Manager – Clean up android system from system startup to boost
system power and memory from the get go
# SetCPU for Root Users – Overclocking your rooted device lets you speed up
your phone’s processor when you are using it and lets you slow it down when it
goes into "sleep" mode. It can either be a battery hog or battery saver.
# Root Explorer - working as file manager, where you can manage file not only
on sd card, but also in system files.
# Rom Manager - which allows you to easily flash a custom recovery image
which is what you will need in order to backup and restore your phone.
What is xRecovery? and the benefits of xRecovery?
What is xRecovery?
xRecovery is a custom recovery console proudly made by Zdzihu for Sony
Ericsson Xperia X10, Mini and Mini Pro devices based on the source code of
Benefits Of xRecovery
It lets you easily perform:
1. Manage and Restore Backups.
(good options before flashing or installing custom incase of bricking your device, you can always use xRecovery to restore backuped files)
(allow you to reboot)
3. Installing and flashing ROMs, Themes and Applications From Zip Files.
4. Wipe Your Phone, Factory Reset, Wiping Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache and
5. Mounting, Unmounting System Files.
(allowed you to to modified files and folder inside system files)
6. Formatting Partitions.
7. Fixing Permissions.
(allowed you to modify, set the right permission for certain files)
3. Flashing, Downgrading & Upgrading
What is Flashing, Downgrading & Upgrading??? are you retarded?:D
I don't think i have to explain these more details cause eventhough you're noob.
anyway i'll just explain it in simple way.
0. Flashing are the universal word for Downgrading and Upgrading and installing.
(thats the way im using the word for flashing.)
(eg: im going to flash the old firmware/ the latest firmware/the awesome
Sony Blues Theme/ the Froyo ROM.)
1. Downgrading is the proccess where you're reverting your android baseband
firmware to the old version.
2. Upgrading is the proccess where you're going to update your baseband and
firmware to the latest version.
3. Both of the proccess above can be perform with Flashtool and Sony Ericsson
Update Service(you can't downgrade using SEUS)
Nujhum Sensei, i got couples of question.
1. What is Flash Tool?
-FlashTool now is something like an all in one Tool for your phone.
- Flash original Images (Android 1.6 & Android 2.1 Images)
- Root your phone (Only if the phone is on a 2.1 android version)
- Install xRecovery, Busybox
- Clean your Rom (remove /system/apps apps of your choice)
- Clear dalvik cache
- Optimize (install of JIT v2)
- Customize (installs apps found in the custom/apps folder of the flashtool)
- Clean uninstalled (remove any references to system apps removed in the Clean (root needed) step)
- Edit /system/build.prop
2. What is Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) ?
-Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS)
-Update your phone for optimal performance and get the latest enhancements.
-Regardless if you have the latest software, it is a good routine to run Update
Service to improve software stability.
-Also, if you experience problems with your phone this may be solved by a software update.
4. Troubleshooting i. Bricked Device
ii. Waranty Void
i. bricked devices
- normally a bricked device happened on the proccess of installing/flasing
custom ROMs and Themes, Down/Upgrading using flashtool and etc.(i only
experienced all those i've stated).
- most problem you'll encountered whith bricked device are, endless loop
reboot, loop reboot and can't load xRecovery and else. :D
- and when it happen.
- "MOM, i killed my phone that daddy bought for me last week. he's going to kill
me". DONT WORRY, THERE'S ALWAYS HAVE SOLUTION TO EVERY PROBLEMS.
- You can always flash your device using Sony Ericsson Update Service (SUES).
which i've include where to download and how to use it in the 3rd step of
ii. waranty void
- the most critical part, at least the most of you guys will think after rooting,
xrecovery, installing custom room now your waraty are void.
- why? because Sony wont like it when we messing up with their device.
- don't worry you can get it back by flashing it using, yes, again using SEUS.
Done with the details.
First of all, the link im gonna post are not mine.
you can thank me (i don't mind if you didn't), but thank the original creator.
ROOTING YOUR ANDROID
This is the starting point of getting your warranty void.
What you're going to do here is Rooting your phone,
and make your android do something amazing that Superman can't.
Refer to ABOUT SECTION #1.
for X10 MINI/MINI Pro Build Number/Firmware 2.0.A.0.504
2.1.1.A.0.6 Click here How-to-ROOT (it should work 100% with above listed build number)
xRecovery YOUR ANDROID
The second step after Rooting your android, are having xRecovery install to your android.
Refer to ABOUT SECTION #2
for X10 MINI/MINI Pro Build Number/Firmware 2.0.A.0.504
2.1.1.A.0.6 Click here How-to-xRecovery (but if you're having problem, i've attached xRecovery+busybox that works 101% )
busybox must be installed before proceed with xRecovery installation.
1. download, extract and copy to sdcard.
2. use root explorer, select and move all three busybox, chargemon, xrecovery.tar from sdcard to system>bin (before you paste it, make sure you mount R/W) and paste.
3. now reboot or switch off/on, just right after the white Sony Ericsson logo appeared, hit and combo the back button till xRecovery loaded.
4. you're done.
FLAShING, DOWN/UPGRADING YOUR ANDROID (you can use all 3 Methods for bricked device, but since you're NOOB, the 3rd are the best method )
This is where you're going to flash with different version of baseband and
Unbrick a bricked devices.
Some custom ROMs need certain baseband and firmware, and this the how you'll
do it to change baseband and firmware.
Refer to ABOUT SECTION #3
download and install Sony Ericsson Update Service, it should be searching for new firmware.
when it's done:
follow and read the instruction very carefully via SEUS or here.
1. ready SEUS update.
2. turn on usb debugging mode: setting>application>development>debugging mode.
3. turn off your device.
4. plug usb cable to pc, unplug mini usb from you x10 mini/pro.
5. SEUS, tick the box saying "i hereby accept the License Agreement", and click start.
6. select your Sony device and proceed with next button.
7. ready your device, press and hold back key and plug in mini usb to your device.
8. when the LED flash to green, SEUS is ready to flash your device for new fw 2.1.1.A.0.6.
DANGER DRAGON A HEAD!!!
Just for reminder, before you guys flashing a custom rom or theme, make sure you back up you original stock rom with xRecovery. WHY!!?
when you did something wrong in the flashing process, you can always retore it with xRecovery.
just like that~
Credits to: CLShortFuse for awesome Rooting tool SuperOneClick Bin4ry providing mini/pro firmware and Flashtool DaRk_dOg for the Generic 2.0.2.A.0.24 install tutorial zdzihu for xrecovery console and method
You should add too how to install themes, i know its easy, but i bricked my device once because of that lol XD
i will think about that later, either to post it or no.
it should be no problem if they read the instructions, and the requirement, and the right base band/firmware for installing themes and custom roms.
well, lets see, if more request to come.
if wouldn't hurt, but
im not sure if it goes well with the dev that own the rom or theme.
This is entry number one in a series of articles about tools for app developers, … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?