Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is "ASUS Waveface Interface"?

Tip us?

Kermode
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] What is "ASUS Waveface Interface"?

I see on ASUS site that the tablet comes with "ASUS Waveface Interface" - I thought it was just straight Honeycomb with some preinstalled apps. But apparently not.

Any who can explain what the Waveface Interface does differently from Honeycomb?
So what determines if app gets automatically restored on a new device??

foxmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 305
From here:

Quote:
ASUS Waveface also plays host to a set of helpful and unique utilities:
  • MyNet: In 3 simple steps you can wirelessly stream media content between devices around the home including desktops and TV.
  • MyLibrary: A clever way to consolidate your must-read books and magazines into one easy-to-navigate profile. Supporting PDF and ePub formats, it offers global content including Googlebooks, and a set of handy utilities to make reading easier including a dictionary, translator, bookmarker, notes and even text-to-speech (requires app download).
  • MyCloud: Easy access to cloud content including WebStorage and the ASUS @Vibe media library (which offers downloads of a huge range of music, video and games to enjoy wherever you are).
  • MyDesktop: A secure remote log-in application which lets you control files and applications on your other devices via the Eee Pad Transformer including Android, Windows or Mac computers. So, if you forget to email an important file to work and its still on your home computer, you can connect to Desktop and do it from where you are
Just a set of apps, only two of which are currently on the Transformer (MyNet and MyLibrary).

Regards,

Dave

Kermode
Old
(Last edited by Kermode; 18th April 2011 at 04:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Well, I saw that but that doesn't sound like an interface, that sounds like a couple of apps.

"ASUS Waveface also plays host", the "also" says and we have some apps in addition to the interface.

Have you tried it?
So what determines if app gets automatically restored on a new device??

Alakhai
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Anyone running into trouble in mylibrary when you click on asus@vibe button in the upper corner? I get a connection failed message.

seshmaru
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmeister View Post
From here:

Just a set of apps, only two of which are currently on the Transformer (MyNet and MyLibrary).

Regards,

Dave
It has all of the apps in the latest update (0423).

Quote:
Well, I saw that but that doesn't sound like an interface, that sounds like a couple of apps.

"ASUS Waveface also plays host", the "also" says and we have some apps in addition to the interface.

Have you tried it?
Waveshare interface is their own widgets (weather, email, date, myZine) and the custom nav buttons.

dfin13
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshmaru View Post
It has all of the apps in the latest update (0423).
I have the latest update, but I don't have MyDesktop

stuntdouble
Old
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfin13 View Post
I have the latest update, but I don't have MyDesktop
Applications>MyCloud ... its merged into that app.

Phone:
Motorola Moto G ... Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (16gb) ... SmartWatch: Samsung Galaxy Gear
Retired Devices: |Samsung Galaxy W |HTC HD2 |Asus Eee Pad Transformer |HTC Touch HD |O2 Stellar |HTC Hero |XDA Atom Life |XDA 2i

**(TF101 Firmware Changelog)_(Ultimate Transformer Thread)_(Boot Animations Guide)**