(Beta Downloads: http://goo.gl/okq2Y)
Hello XDA community.
I would like to show you my new project Storage Analyser and maintain here a feedback and support channel for the XDA community.
Storage Analyser can:
- Analyses Sdcard, external Sdcards, USB storage devices, system partitions (disabled by default)...
- Order the content by size, the amount of files, the date or just the name
- See the space used by applications using App2SD (.android_secure folder).
- Include or exclude folder from the mediascan of the Android Gallery.
- Filter out the content you are aware of to make the rest more pregnant.
- Delete no longer necessary data directly from the app. No need for external file managers.
- Real tablet support.
- Allows several columns depending on the screen size.
- Shows which already removed application left over some data in /sdcard/Android/data/ and /data/data
I have a lot of ideas to extend and improve this app in the future but if you have an improvement suggestion, please donít hesitate to give me your ideas.
Here is the direct link to the app:
I plan to use this thread here to provide beta versions to the community before I will integrate them to the Market.
If you like you can follow me on Google+
I will drop private Betas for special G+ circles in the future for people that or interested to help to test versions with bigger/major changes.
Or on Twitter:
● Fix the missing additional row content (size, item count, percentage etc.) on Jelly Bean devices (Android 4.1).
● Added the external sdcard mointpoint of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (/mnt/extSdCard) to the known partition list.
● Clicking on an item image (file or folder) will now select the item the same way as the checkboxes.
● Fix for the Galaxy Nexus using the leaked Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) Rom to show the sdcard without the need to enable the "Show system partitions" option.
● Better detection for additional external sdcards on some devices.
If your still have partitions which are just visible with the "Show system partitions" option but should be handled as a basic partition from your point of view, please contact me.● A lot of smaller corrections and enhancements.
● Copy and Move function are available now! (On all non system partitions).
● Emmc partitions (like present Cyanogen Rom's) are correctly handled as SdCard's now.
● Fixed another bug that could prevent the context menu to open on some devices. If you still have problems to open the context menu (via a long click) please help by providing log files! (Just contact me for details)
● Several minor bug fixes.
● Fixed a bug that was preventing the context menu to open on some devices.
● Delete function is now working properly on emmc partitions (like Cyanogen Rom's).
● Fixed the detection of the .android_secure folder on some devices.
● Preferences do use fragments on devices with Android 3.x and higher.
● Fixed a bug leading to wrong calculated values after a folder was filtered or unfiltered.
● A light theme (selectable in the preferences).
Here are some Screenshots: