[GUIDE] The Ultimate Wallpaper Cropping Guide for B&N Nook Color
When I had Archos 101 we had same problem with wallpaper cropping and then I found very sweet
guide how to make your own perfect wallpaper for this quite strange resolution devices.
I took the original .xcf template file made by wdl1908 (thank you very much) and changed it to be usable for Nook Color (aint hard work - only portrait layer added and made some minor changes)
or these (xda)
0: Open WallPaper_cropping.xcf in GIMP.
1. Select the "Background" layer.
2. File -> Open as Layer -> select the picture you want to crop.
3. Scale the layer to 1200px width and keep the aspect correct.
4. Position the layer so that the visible part looks good.
5. Turn visibility on/off so that only the layers "Background:, "The Picture", "Black 6. Not Visible Part" are turned on.
7. Save the image as PNG with option "Merge Visible Layers"
8. Send to nook and apply as wallpaper with the Crop Wallpaper app and use the "Overall" button.
Some screenshot before you`ll use proper guide
final product (try to download and set as yours WP):
my favourite WP (beetle 2012):