Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO] Firmware update (FOTA) changelog

Tip us?

stuntdouble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
If there is a file called 'update.zip' during the firmware flash procedure then it deletes itself after a successful flash, as I don't have anything called that on my device.

Phone:
Motorola Moto G ... Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (16gb) ... SmartWatch: Samsung Galaxy Gear
Retired Devices: |Samsung Galaxy W |HTC HD2 |Asus Eee Pad Transformer |HTC Touch HD |O2 Stellar |HTC Hero |XDA Atom Life |XDA 2i

**(TF101 Firmware Changelog)_(Ultimate Transformer Thread)_(Boot Animations Guide)**

ZHumphries
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Now I know this is probably a stupid question but here goes anyway

When I goto Settings -> About Tablet -> System Update. The Check for Updates button is greyed with a message below. There is an update for your device. Please check notifications

For the life of me I kind find a notification or anyway to update the tablet

I did notice that com.asus.dm (DMClient) crashed around the time the update was released

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Cheers

stuntdouble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHumphries View Post
Now I know this is probably a stupid question but here goes anyway

When I goto Settings -> About Tablet -> System Update. The Check for Updates button is greyed with a message below. There is an update for your device. Please check notifications

For the life of me I kind find a notification or anyway to update the tablet

I did notice that com.asus.dm (DMClient) crashed around the time the update was released

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Cheers
Well all I can do is tell you how it happened. In my notification area it showed one of those arrows showing a file transfer, slowly downloading the update, then when it got the file it reset itself and applied the update.

You can probably fix your problem by doing a full reset via Privacy>Factory data reset. You will lose anything you have installed on the device this way so back up beforehand. Then trying to update the tablet again.

Phone:
Motorola Moto G ... Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (16gb) ... SmartWatch: Samsung Galaxy Gear
Retired Devices: |Samsung Galaxy W |HTC HD2 |Asus Eee Pad Transformer |HTC Touch HD |O2 Stellar |HTC Hero |XDA Atom Life |XDA 2i

**(TF101 Firmware Changelog)_(Ultimate Transformer Thread)_(Boot Animations Guide)**

ZHumphries
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the quick reply. I have already tried the full reset and have found that if I re-setup the tablet and dont enable wifi then when I do enable it and check for updates the DMClient (com.asus.dm) crashes

Time to call technical support???

ZHumphries
Old
Thanks Meter 0
A quick clearing of the cache for the DMClient has fixed the issue.

Cheers

stuntdouble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHumphries View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I have already tried the full reset and have found that if I re-setup the tablet and dont enable wifi then when I do enable it and check for updates the DMClient (com.asus.dm) crashes

Time to call technical support???
Yeah, sounds like a job for tech support. Sorry, I dont know much about the dmclient processes.

Edit: Ah cool glad its sorted.

Phone:

simonbarker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I updated to the latest firmware yesterday and while it's been a generally positive update there's one tiny problem it's created, if I turn the screen off or let it switch off automatically I can't turn the screen back on.

It's inconsistent, if I turn off the screen and turn it back on within a few minutes it works but longer than that and it'll probably not come back. Holding down the power button doesn't do anything so I think it's still running just not powering the screen, repeated attempts and I'll eventually end up being able to get it to switch back on but only after it's turned off.

This is pretty intolerable unless I want to leave the screen on all the time or wait for it to boot up every time, has anyone come across this or can tell me how to reset it to factory settings?

Mike1002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbarker View Post
I updated to the latest firmware yesterday and while it's been a generally positive update there's one tiny problem it's created, if I turn the screen off or let it switch off automatically I can't turn the screen back on.

It's inconsistent, if I turn off the screen and turn it back on within a few minutes it works but longer than that and it'll probably not come back. Holding down the power button doesn't do anything so I think it's still running just not powering the screen, repeated attempts and I'll eventually end up being able to get it to switch back on but only after it's turned off.

This is pretty intolerable unless I want to leave the screen on all the time or wait for it to boot up every time, has anyone come across this or can tell me how to reset it to factory settings?
Im also having a similar problem to you, was happening occasionally pre-update as well

demonotter
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I keep having this issue too (pre-firmware update). I was hoping the update might help with it, I'm not sure if it's a software or hardware bug on mine.

case0
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by roebeet View Post
x2 on that request. If the Xoom is any indication, it might have been dropped in /cache, or possibly /sdcard during the flashing process.

Thanks!
My transformer has downloaded the update but I pressed postpone, can't find the update.zip anywhere though.. I've been holding off rooting but maybe if I did it now I could use root explorer to find the firmware upgrade if it would be useful?

Regarding the upgrade I'm not sure what to do! I think I can only press postpone 2 more times, with a max postponement of a day each time. I don't want to lose the ability to root but neither do I want to lose the possibility of rolling back and installing an official update? Advice anyone?

Tags
changelog, firmware, fota, update, updates