Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,314 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM7][Theme]HoneyBread Alpha 4 [TABLET TWEAKED]

Tip us?

mad-murdock
Old
(Last edited by mad-murdock; 29th April 2011 at 12:24 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 970

DONATE TO ME
Default [CM7][Theme]HoneyBread Alpha 4 [TABLET TWEAKED]

After i developed the tablet tweaks, a lot of people started modifying framework and systemui to exchange the buttons instead of doing it with a theme. the way they were going just was bad by design. no fixes are included except those people repeat their work with every new nightly build. thats the reason we use theme engine by now. it works for all devices and all versions.

my initial complaints about modifying those files and my suggestion to use a theme were ignored - so i came to the point to do it myself.

all i did was adding honeycomb icons for the soft buttons to the already existing honeybread v4 theme. as soon as there is a new honeybread theme, i hope it features the new buttons - at least i asked for that on the honeybread issue tracker.

get the modified theme here - it will show up with no preview by the name @string/theme_name in front of all your themes - i cannot help that bad behavior by now:
Honeybread-Alpha-V4-Tablet-Tweaked.apk md5sum: d70fb679d7b9d31a0006ed532156dfc7
Honeybread-Alpha-V4-Tablet-Tweaked.apk additional mirror

if you wanna further modify the theme, i also uploaded the decompiled honeybread, including my changes and apktool.
honeybread-apktool-source.zip md5sum: 3a44d0f641ed3bb6987ae18c5befd542
honeybread-apktool-source.zip additional mirror

credits: i took the icons from the mod here
and of course to the great honeybread theme itself

screenshot (thanks to painter_)
Proudly adding useless stuff to cyanogenmod since 1923 (:
also proud member of teamdouche - the force behind cyanogenmod

google+: http://kan.gd/vbv (90% english posts, 10% german)
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to mad-murdock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

moneymike55
Old
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Nice work murdock, and you're right the theme engine is A LOT better than changing each new systemUI. I've been planning on adding similar 3.0 soft buttons to my upcoming honeycomb theme chooser apk and have already gone pretty deep with changes to the status bar, power widget, settings icons etc., but I'm having trouble getting the 3.0 lockscreen and other things like my homescreen/app menu icons to show without supplying an additional zip file (which means ill either have to make a version for each rom, or a metamorph file that makes the apk kinda pointless when I could just add everything to the zip). Do you know if the theme engine is capable of adding the lockscreen or non-stock apps? I haven't been able to find very much out there yet about incorporating additional xml files to the apk, but if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it

Sent from my HTC Mytouch 3g using XDA App
Rooted sgs2 et4g running cm10 nightlies
Full-time developer and co-founder of SyndicateApps and Calsto Development, Inc.

<HC3D cm7 themes> <ICS3D cm7 themes><Honeycomb Launcher> <ICS Launcher> <iPhone Locker> <ICS Search> <ICS SMS Popup> <Custom ICS Clocks> <App Carousel> <ICS SMS Popup> <Jelly Bean cm9 theme> <ICS/JB StatusBar> <Omega Status Bar> <Omega Launcher>

droid13
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Great job murdock. Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-murdock View Post
After i developed the tablet tweaks, a lot of people started modifying framework and systemui to exchange the buttons instead of doing it with a theme. the way they were going just was bad by design. no fixes are included except those people repeat their work with every new nightly build. thats the reason we use theme engine by now. it works for all devices and all versions.

my initial complaints about modifying those files and my suggestion to use a theme were ignored - so i came to the point to do it myself.

all i did was adding honeycomb icons for the soft buttons to the already existing honeybread v4 theme. as soon as there is a new honeybread theme, i hope it features the new buttons - at least i asked for that on the honeybread issue tracker.

get the modified theme here - it will show up with no preview by the name @string/theme_name in front of all your themes - i cannot help that bad behavior by now:

if you wanna further modify the theme, i also uploaded the decompiled honeybread, including my changes and apktool.

flipim
Old
Thanks Meter 1
can somebody post some screen?

rawdealer
Old
Thanks Meter 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-murdock View Post

O.K. cool ) but I don't see any soft buttons??? Am I blond???

mad-murdock
Old
Thanks Meter 970

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdealer View Post
O.K. cool ) but I don't see any soft buttons??? Am I blond???
do you have a tablet?

Morsed by hitting a plastic pipe with my Desire HD. Excuse typos.

eozoon
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks, it looks great, however there are a couple of small problems I'm not sure if it should go into the honeybread issue tracker or here or if they are just caused by something I did wrong.

Quoted from the Tablet Tweak post since I'm having pretty much the same problems (looked a few pages down and no solution seems to have showed up, sorry if I missed it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisleu View Post
Also the Honeybread theme from xda causes your power widgets to be background less although still clickable. weird looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
Ok, I figured out my issue -- honeybread theme doesn't play nice with the latest build. At least for me. It was causing widgets to fail at startup and my SDcard wouldn't mount unless triggered by something accessing it -- e.g. me opening file manager.

Restored a backup w/out honeybread - Flashed newest build - Rebooted 5 times -

No issues.

Installed honeybread apk - Rebooted a couple times -

No issues.

Applied honeybread theme - Rebooted - Widgets failed to load - SDcard doesn't mount unless triggered - Rebooted a few times -

Same behavior.

Applied default theme - Rebooted a few times

All is well.

Sorry, I know this isn't relevant to the mod, but I know a few people in here were starting to use honeybread, so I thought I'd report what I found.

Now I can start actually playing around with this build.
Just to add that the widgets do load eventually, but it's quite a long wait, and seems to happen after the SD card trigger.

Not a big problem since the only time I reboot is after flashing something in CWM anyway. Just wondering if this happens to everyone or just me.

Screen cap http://k.min.us/ikBN8o.png

SCWells72
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Looks really nice other than the opaque black dock. Is there not any way to with Honeybread to have a translucent dock? Perhaps the answer is to disable the dock with this theme, but I still like to have one with my four most used apps (browser, email, gmail, and calendar).

lilsalmon
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Just loaded it on my G Tablet running CM7. Looks awesome. Thanks for your work on this.

-Lil'
--------------------------------------------
PHONE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 | ROM: STOCK TILL ROOT

LAUNCHER:Nova Launcher - Prime
ROOT:Hopefully Soon

--------------------------------------------
SONY XPERIA TABLET Z | STOCK

LAUNCHER:Nova Launcher - Prime
ROOT:UnRooted

mad-murdock
Old
Thanks Meter 970

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymike55 View Post
Nice work murdock, and you're right the theme engine is A LOT better than changing each new systemUI. I've been planning on adding similar 3.0 soft buttons to my upcoming honeycomb theme chooser apk and have already gone pretty deep with changes to the status bar, power widget, settings icons etc., but I'm having trouble getting the 3.0 lockscreen and other things like my homescreen/app menu icons to show without supplying an additional zip file (which means ill either have to make a version for each rom, or a metamorph file that makes the apk kinda pointless when I could just add everything to the zip). Do you know if the theme engine is capable of adding the lockscreen or non-stock apps? I haven't been able to find very much out there yet about incorporating additional xml files to the apk, but if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it
with the t-mob theme engine, you can replace any graphic or xml file (animations, strings) below the res/ directory of each app. doesnt matter if its installed or could be installed. about the lockscreen - well - forget about it (: needs changed code to work like the hc lockscreen. no way to do this via themes. the lockscreen icons themself can of course be changed as you like..

download the sources i posted in first post and take a look into it - should be pretty much self explanatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by eozoon View Post
Thanks, it looks great, however there are a couple of small problems I'm not sure if it should go into the honeybread issue tracker or here or if they are just caused by something I did wrong.
honeybread issue tracker! i dont wanna get involved into this theme at all. i just added the soft buttons to stop people modifying the .apk files with winzip - which is really really bad...