EDIT 6/6/11 with 1.7: now with T-MOBILE USA compatibility !!!! read after
Thanks thesecondsfade for huge testing
here is my new contribution to the WP7 world
1. Title : VVM7 - a Visual Voice Mail
2. What it is for?
This app lets you get, listen, and manage your voice mail in a visual app (instead of calling your voice mail number).
You must know that kind of app if you already owned an iPhone, or Android, depending of course of your mobile operator.
3. Why homebrew?
Homebrew because currently the WP7 SDK doesn't allow to use some functions (the most important for my app is socket). So i use a hack (that can't pass certification marketplace), thanks to Jeremia Morrill
4. So what is inside?
For the moment, you can :
- get yours voice mails (and sync with the operator server)
- tap on a item to show details, and play button to listen
- double tap an item to automatically play the message
- delete a message
- call, send sms, save (to the calling number)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
First, the setup:
- install the app
- go to settings, and put the server, port, login and password
- go to "Inbox", and clic the right button to refresh data
Orange (France) :eek:K
SFR (France) : OK
T-MOBILE : OK
Sprint : tests in progress (I need Sprint server configuration. If you have any information, give us!)
In most of the cases, visual voice mail is an option in your mobile plan. You need some information to make my app works, with a simple SMS. Simply send a text (in CAPITAL letters) to a number and wait for the answer.
BUT the answer is class 0 sms, and it seems that WP7 doesn't show them. So :
1. Use an old phone, no smartphone (because iPhone, Android seem to hide the SMS too).
2. Depending of your operator (remove quotes and type the text in capital letters):
- ORANGE france: SMS with text "STATE" to 21101
- SFR france: SMS with text "TEST" to 8860
- T-MOBILE USA : SMS with text "Activate:dt=6" to 122. In app, for authentication mode, use DIGEST-MD
And write down login (param like user= ***** or u=******), the password (param like pw=******) and so on for server url and port (must be 143)
3. Launch vvm7 and go to settings, type what you've noted before. Go to mailbox and press the sync button (top right)
Download xap here
- multithreading optimizations
-NEW design for some parts (buttons, setting "window")
- a few optimizations
-NEW (trial) : WiFi detection and desactivation possibility. Sorry for now reactivating WiFi on quit doesn't work
-NEW : autosync option (so a sync process is launched at startup)
- 1 or 2 bugs fixed
- T-MOBILE USA compatibility !!!!!
- added authentication mode
- big network optimisation, sync is now very quick (a few secondes)
- rewrite of message core system (working on DIGEST-MD5 login)
- SFR is now working
- many bugs fixed
- and a lot more, check http://www.bebtech.fr/dev/wp7/projec.../CHANGELOG.txt (in french only)