Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Reboots!

OP mobilehavoc

19th April 2011, 04:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 327

2,111 posts
So I've had the phone since 4pm yesterday. I use uptime widget on my phones for kicks and to check for stability issues so I installed it right after I got it.

The phone was up for 7 hours until around 11pm when I rebooted it myself (to fix a unknown my phone number problem). It came up fine. 30 mins later it rebooted itself which i didn't think much of since I thought it was invoked by a SIM update. Since after the 2nd reboot it correctly showed my phone # in Status and my Messaging app, etc.

All is well, on the charger overnight, wake up this morning and use it everything is fine. At almost exactly 8:30AM while sitting idle/screen off it reboots again?!

Not sure if this is due to the tons of apps I have on or was again a network related reboot. I know in the past when I had GSM phones, the carrier can definitely initiate a reboot due to a SIM update. Having it happen at exactly 8:30AM seems bizarre. It's super fast and no lag or crashes otherwise.

I'm going to use it more today and keep an eye on it but just FYI. Anybody with it experiencing anything similar?
19th April 2011, 04:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 1,720

5,363 posts
Donate to Me
More
Oh Noes!!!
19th April 2011, 04:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

2,111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david279

Oh Noes!!!

Could be because of me. I had Wifi Calling on both times and I had changed the network mode from the Auto default to WCDMA only. I'll get to the bottom of this, I'm sure
19th April 2011, 04:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400

8,972 posts
Check out this review of the GSlate by PC Mag. One of the cons is "occasionally reboots." I think LG has some 'splaining to do. This is their second device (third if you separate O2X from G2X) to suffer the problem.
Pros
First 4G tablet. Powerful Tegra 2 processor. Excellent HD screen, with HD output capability. Shoots and plays 3D footage (glasses included). Affordably-priced (after rebate) for 32GB capacity. Generally intuitive user interface. Dual-facing cameras. Video chat.

Cons
Default Honeycomb home screen feels cluttered. Flash 10.2 beta is buggy. Strange, off-center orientation for front-facing camera. Occasionally reboots, unprovoked, when idle. Android Market needs more Honeycomb apps.
19th April 2011, 04:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

2,111 posts
Strange how LG could be causing this on both devices since they are both stock Android! My Moto XOOM with Honeycomb has it's issues as well because it's an early OS but having occassional reboots on Froyo 2.2.2 is not acceptable.

I'm hoping it's related to an app or something. Once more people get the phone we should be able to see if it's an isolated or widespread problem.
19th April 2011, 06:10 PM   |  #6  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 28

681 posts
More
Its definitely not the LG's custom UI that is causing random reboots. I really hope its not the hardware!
19th April 2011, 07:21 PM   |  #7  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 49

368 posts
More
Update coming soon hopefully?

http://translate.google.com/translat...2Clid.15324%2F
19th April 2011, 07:29 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

2,111 posts
That's the 2X right? Doubt the same update will apply to us but here's hoping. Anybody else with a G2X having this? It could just have been me and the phone being provisioned. I've had it for less than 24 hours.
19th April 2011, 07:44 PM   |  #9  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 46

2,030 posts
More
Lets not jump to conclusions just yet.. My phones have rebooted due to my doings, lets see if others have the issue first before blaming the issue on this phone too.
19th April 2011, 10:18 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Just received my G2X today and have experienced the random reboot thing twice in about 3 hours.

Will keep an eye on it today and report back later.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread