Flag Chorlton, Manchester
Thanks Meter: 54

907 posts
More
same here, now on 2.3.3
16th May 2011, 03:33 PM   |  #284  
Thanks Meter: 1

101 posts
Got it too. Seriously underwhelming. Is this the same Gingerbread that Gizmodo et all slabber on about all the time?

Honestly can't see that much of a difference. And can't see any changes to htc sense either. I thought we'd get sense 3.0 with Gingerbread.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk
16th May 2011, 03:40 PM   |  #285  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
So should I update to gingerbread or I'm going to regret that because of WiFi problem ?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App
16th May 2011, 03:57 PM   |  #286  
Thanks Meter: 13

90 posts
More
just testing my phone now after the update, quadrant gives results as follows 1400 with froyo and 1416 with 2.3, I did a restart on my phone as prior to that quadrant gave a result of 1050. I've not noticed any difference with the wifi as yet. Some minor changes to menus in gallery and apps. In the gallery view the media connect finds my pc immediately and plays the videos etc with no problem , it also plays avi files without the need for rock player(so far from what ive checked anyway).

Definite improvements but as statd by another on here a bit underwhelming, I hope they give us the sense 3 stuff in the near future.
16th May 2011, 05:57 PM   |  #287  
Account currently disabled
Flag Northampton UK via Los Angeles and Dallas
Thanks Meter: 37

773 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderstoat

Got it too. Seriously underwhelming. Is this the same Gingerbread that Gizmodo et all slabber on about all the time?

Honestly can't see that much of a difference. And can't see any changes to htc sense either. I thought we'd get sense 3.0 with Gingerbread.

The only real UI difference i can see is when you pull down the top bar you get instant access to 'quick settings'.

But it scrolls a lot better if you have additional launchers, i have ADW EX installed as well and run 6 pages of scrollable news widgets, they used to stick a fair bit but not anymore, 100% smooth.

If you only run standard HTC sense you probably won't see much
16th May 2011, 06:05 PM   |  #288  
Account currently disabled
Flag Northampton UK via Los Angeles and Dallas
Thanks Meter: 37

773 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderstoat

The only real UI difference i can see is when you pull down the top bar you get instant access to 'quick settings'.

When you click on the apps drawer you get choices of all, favoutires and downloded. And when you scroll the apps draw it only scrolls one whole page eg 4 rows, pretty clever really. But you can't 'zoom scroll'.

But it scrolls a lot better if you have additional launchers, i have ADW EX installed as well and run 6 pages of scrollable news widgets, they used to stick a fair bit but not anymore, 100% smooth.

Got a quadrant score of 1422 but have no idea of that is good or bad.
Last edited by checkbox111; 16th May 2011 at 06:12 PM.
16th May 2011, 07:52 PM   |  #289  

6 posts
More
Any Idea when I will get the official update on a Bell IS, that was unlocked to be used on Rogers.
16th May 2011, 07:54 PM   |  #290  

6 posts
More
Also, I wanted to flash one of the official roms in the developers section. Do I need to root my phone, or is it possible to do it as is.
I dont want to root, as I am scared it might brick my phone

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread