Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swype keyboard not swiping?

Tip us?

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Swype keyboard not swiping?

I installed the Swype keyboard and it was working fine for a few days, but now it will not "swype". It responds to pressing individual keys but dragging my finger across the keyboard no longer has any effect.
Has anyone else had this problem?

theSpam
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Which version of Swype did you install? The open beta?
Device history: HTC Hero -> HTC Desire Z -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M)

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSpam View Post
Which version of Swype did you install? The open beta?
I don't remember if it was beta - it's version 2.29.71.20203.t100
???

monomer888
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Have you tried selecting another software keyboard and then reselecting Swype?

Sent using XDA Android Premium App
monomer888
I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings and I hate people like that! -- Tom Lehrer

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (Android 4.4.2 KitKat, BTU N9005XXUENB7)
--
Samsung Galaxy Note (rooted, N7000XXLRT firmware)
--
European HTC Touch Pro 2 // Energy.RHODIUM.29020.Sense2.5.Apr.26 (WM 6.5.x) Pagepool: 20Mb (Default) // Radio: 4.49.25.94

Nospin
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by monomer888 View Post
Have you tried selecting another software keyboard and then reselecting Swype?

Sent using XDA Android Premium App
Second this. I've seen this fix the problem on an incredible.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

ilostchild
Old
Thanks Meter 116
this happens, if you have it to apps2sd it can cause this and other issues, as well could be due to language package if install, as said try to unselect swype and re-select it, as well if you get the apk swype restore you can restore your original swype from your nandroid
HTC Google Nexus One
T-Mobile Mytouch 4G
T-Mobile Sensation 4g

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostchild View Post
this happens, if you have it to apps2sd it can cause this and other issues, as well could be due to language package if install, as said try to unselect swype and re-select it, as well if you get the apk swype restore you can restore your original swype from your nandroid
I tried switching to another keyboard, then back again, but it didn't help. I can also confirm that I have not moved it to the SD card.
I have un-installed it and re-downloaded the beta and it is now working again. I'll see how long this works for....

lainvalenajr
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by itm View Post
I tried switching to another keyboard, then back again, but it didn't help. I can also confirm that I have not moved it to the SD card.
I have un-installed it and re-downloaded the beta and it is now working again. I'll see how long this works for....
Hello I've been reading through the thread. I was going to tell you to do that but lol it seems that you already found out Haha.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 Using XDA Premium App

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,985
This is a known problem with Swype, and happens every time you reboot the phone. Try un-checking Swype in Settings>Language and keyboard, then re-checking it. You will also need to re-select Swype as the input method by long press in (almost) any text input field, until the Input Method option comes up.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

lainvalenajr
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
This is a known problem with Swype, and happens every time you reboot the phone. Try un-checking Swype in Settings>Language and keyboard, then re-checking it. You will also need to re-select Swype as the input method by long press in (almost) any text input field, until the Input Method option comes up.
hmm... I dont seem to have that issue with MIUI but i dont know about the other roms.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 Using XDA Premium App