Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Angry Birds

Tip us?

Remanifest
Old
(Last edited by Remanifest; 19th April 2011 at 11:43 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy Angry Birds

I have just gotten my girlfriend's G2X today... rooted it immediately, installed Titanium Backup, and tried to restore my Angry Birds backups (from G2) to her new G2X. This failed -- apps wouldn't open.

After some trouble, I was finally able to get the apps to install from the Market, but attempts to restore my data backups crash the apps.

She really likes Angry Birds, and has been playing it a lot on my phone, so I'd really like to restore it to her phone...

Has anyone else run into a similar problem? If so, did you find a fix? Does Angry Birds write to a partition that isn't available on the G2X? I'm a bit lost as to what the issue may be.

No other problems have been noted thus far. The N64 emulator runs great on the G2X... I was having some fun with GoldenEye 007!
ACTIVE
Phone: HTC EVO V 4G (Security Off/Permanently Rooted)
MicroSDHC: 16GB Class 10
Recovery: 4EXT
Radio: 1.09.00.0108
SPL: HBOOT-1.50.5050
ROM: Dirty Unicorns

Retired:
Phone: T-Mobile G2/HTC Desire Z (Security Off/Permanently Rooted)
Radio: Stock
SPL: HBOOT-Eng

Phone: T-Mobile G1/HTC Dream (Black)
Radio: 2.22.23.02
SPL: Danger/Death

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
No idea. I was able to successfully backup my Angry Birds levels via Titanium from my Nexus One and restore them to my Nook Color.

Maybe you could try drilling down to the individual files. Using Root Explorer I see that we have /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files. All the info about the levels you completed is in highscores.lua. There is additional information in settings.lua which appears to include Golden Eggs and other stuff.

It's conceivably possible that your crashes are coming from the file stored in /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/lib which may be device-specific. E.g. if you install Angry Birds on a dual-core device versus single-core, it loads up different hardware-related libraries.

So yeah, try copying the .lua files from your saved games to a safe place, and then reinstall AB from scratch. Play a level, make sure it works, then replace the .lua files with your backups.

Smokuevo
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Buy an app from the market that backs up the file or do it the free way and use adb to pull the file from data data angry birds somewhere.look around.google it tells you which file is the back up

Sent from my Smoku's HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

caliber177
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Check the permissions using root explorer.

elpeterson
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remanifest View Post
I have just gotten my girlfriend's G2X today... rooted it immediately, installed Titanium Backup, and tried to restore my Angry Birds backups (from G2) to her new G2X. This failed -- apps wouldn't open.

After some trouble, I was finally able to get the apps to install from the Market, but attempts to restore my data backups crash the apps.

She really likes Angry Birds, and has been playing it a lot on my phone, so I'd really like to restore it to her phone...

Has anyone else run into a similar problem? If so, did you find a fix? Does Angry Birds write to a partition that isn't available on the G2X? I'm a bit lost as to what the issue may be.

No other problems have been noted thus far. The N64 emulator runs great on the G2X... I was having some fun with GoldenEye 007!
dont tell her you did this, but this will make her happy.

download angry cheaters, you can set the the high scores and level completion for Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons. Go through and match all her scores from the G2.

Problem solved.

WorldWide60
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpeterson View Post
dont tell her you did this, but this will make her happy.

download angry cheaters, you can set the the high scores and level completion for Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons. Go through and match all her scores from the G2.

Problem solved.
I like the way you think.

Bronk93
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I tried restoring my homering battle 3d data and same thing, crashed the app. /cry

Sent from my G2X using Xda Premium

elpeterson
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide60 View Post
I like the way you think.
my girlfriend loves it too and was devastated when i wiped my phone and she lost all of it. so now i do this when i forget to back up. everytime a new season comes out i use it to unlock all the levels so if she gets stuck on one, she can play the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk93 View Post
I tried restoring my homering battle 3d data and same thing, crashed the app. /cry

Sent from my G2X using Xda Premium
this is possible. but it requires the data the game is possible. ive accidentally wiped my phone SO many times that make-shift app backups have become a specialty.

find the folder (can't rememver which it is) stored on internal/external memory on the original device. Remember when you had to go through that download at the beginning of the app? copy that to the same place of your new device, and load the game. its not perfect and it hasnt always worked for me, but there are other times where ive gotten ALL my golden balls, but no items, or vice versa.

its worth a shot.

myplague
Old
(Last edited by myplague; 21st April 2011 at 08:38 AM.) Reason: found solution
Thanks Meter 4
Is anyone else unable to install any version of angry birds without their phone rebooting?

EDIT: I found out that my problem was when installing them from titanium backups from my N1

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

cbowens
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Not sure where these problems are coming from; I used TB to backup my apps from the Eris, and all of them including angry birds ported over just fine, including the save data.