Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Extended Battery Help

Tip us?

jimtc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Extended Battery Help

We need to find out if anyone has a battery that is bigger than 1500 mah. It looks like the Optimus 2x uses the same battery so I would hope someone has a 1650 or 1800 mah out there. Let me know if a source is found. It would be nice to have an external wall charger as well.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
Jim C
The Following User Says Thank You to jimtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cheeze[iT]
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Or maybe a dock with spare battery charger on the back to at least hold a stock battery to charge
Current:
Google Nexus 5 32gb White

grenademasta
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Check on Ebay every few days. I haven't seen one yet but they make it for most phones. The batteries are thicker than the standard ones and it also comes with a different rear cover to accept the thicker battery. It is usually from China and around $15 or so.

schmit
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenademasta View Post
Check on Ebay every few days. I haven't seen one yet but they make it for most phones. The batteries are thicker than the standard ones and it also comes with a different rear cover to accept the thicker battery. It is usually from China and around $15 or so.
the optimus 2x has been out for a while, and there's nothing yet.. I agree.. probably will be out soon. too bad they can't pack more punch into the same size.. don't want to make my phone any thicker.. I'll have a case for it where it wont' fit in then..

baldwinguy77
Old
Thanks Meter 776

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit View Post
the optimus 2x has been out for a while, and there's nothing yet.. I agree.. probably will be out soon. too bad they can't pack more punch into the same size.. don't want to make my phone any thicker.. I'll have a case for it where it wont' fit in then..
Sometimes there are extended batteries made that are the same exact size as the stock one but have a larger capacity. For example, I bought a Seidio extended 1750mAh battery for my Droid X which was the same size as the original battery but had about 250 more mAh to it...it gave me a couple more hours on one charge. Hopefully something similar is made for the G2X!

kentrik
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Maybe a bunch of us should just write to seidio and ask them to start on developing one for us...

baldwinguy77
Old
Thanks Meter 776

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentrik View Post
Maybe a bunch of us should just write to seidio and ask them to start on developing one for us...
Lol good idea...here's their twitter page: https://twitter.com/#!/seidioseidio

andonnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Seems kind of shady (these batteries are running for $5-10 a piece) but here's what I found, 1600mah, haha:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2x1600mAh-BA...1#ht_675wt_936

http://www.rpasonline.com/pd-1600-ma...optimus-2x.cfm

T-mobile G2X
Gingerbread

question.com
Old
Thanks Meter 50
If they make a extended batt That's the same size, ill def get it. I don't want a bigger one cause it will cause problems with my car and house dock.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

kentrik
Old
Thanks Meter 1
That's the nice thing about the Seidio ones. They are a legit company, and they can usually squeeze an extra 150-400 mAh out of the standard size battery. They aren't too terribly expensive, either. I am thinking for now, though, I may have to give one of those ebay ones with the separate battery charger a try....I have had good luck with ebay laptopt batteries, so....it might be worth the $20 for it.

Also, I will start spamming Seidio's twitter. Lol.