Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Strange Audio Issue

Tip us?

Acetothermus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Strange Audio Issue

So I've searched and not had any luck with a problem like what I'm experiencing. All kinds of low volume, or even tinny sound, but nothing like what I'm experiencing.

So when I've got music playing (from an app like Pandora) there is this popping sound that happens. It kind of sounds like it's clipping the highs or like the song was badly encoded. I thought at first it was just the song I had on, but I listened closely and it's on almost every song. Now I haven't tried loading some mp3's of my own on the phone yet to see what will happen, but I suspect the same results.

Did I get a bad phone? Is this a common issue? I'm still well within my 30 day grace period so if there is a problem I will take the phone back and get it replaced.

For some more info, the phone is rooted and running Cyanogen Mod 7 (I installed it this evening hoping that might fix the issue). Any help or a pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Acetothermus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No one has any idea's or thoughts?

kofrad
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Try some of your own mp3s to make sure it isn't the phone. If it still happens try clearing Pandoras data.

Also check into the encoding/streaming settings for pandora.

I might also try clearing the dalvik to help prevent any issues as a start.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII + S3RX (8-16-13)
Motorola Xoom Wifi + SteadyHakwin's CM9
HTC Inspire 4G + JellyTime R29

tmt64
Old
Thanks Meter 8
This happens on one of my songs using poweramp. I am also on cm7. Try messing with the dsp manager.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

jvashishtha
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Happens with me all the time! Any song, any ringtone... even the stock HTC ones produce a bad sound

The phones says Dolby surround and does not even produce normal quality sound!

jessepatty
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have the same issue (I think)

My ear piece volume is very loud and the sound is great but when it comes to exterior sounds the Inspire makes, it is really horrible!

My ringtone, email and text sound notifications are so low in volume (With the volume set at the highest level for all) that I don't even notice it has gone off.

I just bought it 3 days ago and coming from the HTC HD2 I am really disappointed. I missed 6 calls and dozens of texts and emails just today because I can't hear it when it's in my leather holster, same holster I used with the HD2.

I'm not sure what to do to fix it and I would really appreciate any suggestions to improve the sound levels. Otherwise I'm gonna return it before my 30 day trial period expires. A phones is useless if you can't hear it.
CURRENT DEVICE:
HTC One X on AT&T 2.20
EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-2.15.0000

Samsung G/T P3113, Rooted and Jelly Bean

RETIRED-HTC Inspire 4G on AT&T- Dropped and shattered screen
Running Cyanogenmod 7 on 2.3.7

RETIRED, HTC HD2 T-Mobile USA
Constantly changing roms....

RETIRED! AT&T Tilt
Security Unlocked
KAIS1*0,SPL-3.29.HARD, CPLD-8
KAISER WM 6.5 OS 5.2.21500 by Medkid V1.6.2F

Acetothermus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sounds like they changed something when they built this phone for ATT. Why is it that phones for ATT always seem to have some quirk to them?