OP sunnyhj

20th April 2011, 08:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 12

123 posts
More
Hi everyone.

Today i installed an app called startup cleaner pro from android market...with this app u can choose which apps will be started up on android booting....so i selected a few and it stopped 22 other system + user apps from starting when i booted up my droid..the first thing i noticed is that the lights which are ALWAYS on in our touch buttons were OFF...and they remain off even when u touch them...but the buttons are WORKING properly...

Hope this helps
Last edited by sunnyhj; 20th April 2011 at 08:23 AM.
20th April 2011, 08:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 370

1,208 posts
More
that's not something out of common...when i run android sometimes button lights stays always on,sometimes always off lol,so it's not software related,it's just wrong code which must be fixed
20th April 2011, 08:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chandigarh

123 posts
More
This had never happened with me...not once...but since i stopped some of the system services...button lights are always off..!!...and i have restarted my phone like 10-12 times...and lights have not started in droid everytime..
20th April 2011, 11:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Same behaviour here. Now the lights are always off.
Moreover, when I press the power button and the screen is black, the phone doesn't wait some seconds anymore and it turns on immediatly.
20th April 2011, 04:18 PM   |  #5  

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asorcinelli

Same behaviour here. Now the lights are always off.
Moreover, when I press the power button and the screen is black, the phone doesn't wait some seconds anymore and it turns on immediatly.

What you may want to consider (but what will be a time consuming job I guess) is to test which process/app does make the difference.
20th April 2011, 08:04 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
I think that tzacapaca was right.
I'm trying to identify the service or services that force the lights on, but I can't because now I have always the lights on.
I have reboot multiple times, without any changes. It's strange because the first time that I have disable the startup services, I have reboot many times and all the times the lights are off.
20th April 2011, 08:26 PM   |  #7  

1,208 posts
More

guys think logical..it cannot be because of software or services..lights on/off are commanded by OS,in my opinion..
developers correct me if i'm wrong
20th April 2011, 09:04 PM   |  #8  

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzacapaca

:
guys think logical..it cannot be because of software or services..lights on/off are commanded by OS,in my opinion..
developers correct me if i'm wrong

Software and services do give command to the OS. It may be that some of the services are giving commands to the OS (for example: turn on 3G) which are misunderstand by the OS (for example: turn off lights).
20th April 2011, 09:29 PM   |  #9  

1,208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietje63

Software and services do give command to the OS. It may be that some of the services are giving commands to the OS (for example: turn on 3G) which are misunderstand by the OS (for example: turn off lights).

about software.. when you install naked android there is just astro and superuser and i dont think these programs will give commands to buttons to turn off the light
about services...they are part of OS..so OS and kernel is written using some codes..anyway i'm pretty sure this is kernel's fault which needs to be patched.
p.s. btw are u a developer?
p.s2. robin can tell us for sure,he is the one
Last edited by tzacapaca; 20th April 2011 at 09:31 PM.
21st April 2011, 08:37 AM   |  #10  

71 posts
Nope, I'm not a developer, but I have some programming knowledge. That why I said 'it may be'.

And I agree, it will most likely be the kernel which is wrong here (that what I tried to say with 'which are misunderstand by the OS'). But if we find out which command is misunderstand by the kernel, we may find out where the error in the kernel is. Or not?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread