Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Single] Bump Charge App?

Tip us?

npatel1471
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Single] Bump Charge App?

Is there an app that can do a single bump charge? Meaning, the phone will turn off when it reaches a '100%' and then bump charge? (vs turning itself back on, which I believe the phone cant do)

Or could a dev make an app that has a timer on the app... so for example, if the phone reaches '100%' charge anytime between 12am and 5am, the app will cause the phone to turn off and bump charge. But if the phone becomes full charged at like 5pm, it will not turn off and bump charge (ie.. if someone wants to charge their phone during the day, the app wont turn it off during a time where the user would want their phone on)

I don't completely understand bump charging, but would this be a semi-solution for the lazy who don't want to do multiple cycles of bump charging? Or am I missing a point, such as... does the phone need to be taken off the charger, turned off, and then put back on the charger for bump charging to actually work?

superchilpil
Old
Thanks Meter 1,209

DONATE TO ME
This phone isn't like the older phones
It shouldn't need to be bump charged so heavily
The fact that it destroys your battery should be a red flag not to do it, your only going to get a Max 15 min more of a charge from it so its useless

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
=========================

AT&T HTC One

Help me fill up my thanks meter by hitting thanks
==================================================