Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issue with TB

Tip us?

zax10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Default Issue with TB

Guys.

I am rep for VZW. I am having a strange issue with a customer TB. I have called HTC and VZW tech support. The customers phone is going into hboot on its own. I have not been able to replicate the problem but the customer has been through 2 and is having the same issue. I can not figure out how he can get to hboot without powering down and rebooting into it. Any ideas would be awesome.

Zack

hammer4203
Old
Thanks Meter 26
He is holding the volume down when he is powering it up!

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
Device: MyTouch Slide *ROOTED*

zax10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
No from what he is saying he can make a call. The phone gets stuck then reboots to hboot. I have installed custom roms and clockworks on multiple phones so I know what he isnt doing lol. I just cant figure out what he is doing to cause the problem. I do not think it is hardware though. I dont know. I have been stumped by this one.

hammer4203
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Could be an app not playing nice. My wife has one on her tb that causes a reboot from time to time. She just won't remove them one by one to find it. But she's not rooted. Fast boot does some weird stuff too. I would still look at an app that may not work well with the tb. Some of them I use to use just don't seem to work right on my tb.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
Device: MyTouch Slide *ROOTED*