Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Bootup Animation Sound After New Radio and Bamf 1.5 remix Install

Tip us?

slckofit
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] No Bootup Animation Sound After New Radio and Bamf 1.5 remix Install

Just as the title says, flashed the new radio and Bamf last night and I notice during the thunder animation screen, there isn't any sound. Just wondering if this is normal.

tylerkd07
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I didn't have any sound on the first reboot after updating. After the initial reboot it started working again when I rebooted it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to tylerkd07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mxpxboy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Not quite positive, but in my first experience flashing to a new RUU, the first boot up is always muted. At least, mine was and that's what I've read from others. The next time you reboot, it should be normal. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to mxpxboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slckofit
Old
(Last edited by slckofit; 20th April 2011 at 05:27 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I've tried rebooting 2 times already. Let me try again.

Edit: Ok, still no sound.

esabasard
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You could try reflashing the ROM. Boot sounds work fine for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to esabasard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HashTagHell
Old
(Last edited by HashTagHell; 20th April 2011 at 06:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 586
The sound was removed from yesterday's update. You can find a link for it in the ROM thread.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb9938 View Post
Missing startup sound: http://www.multiupload.com/37EFGXIH9X

Place in /system/media

D
Free 20GB of Copy Storage >> https://copy.com?r=naONJJ
TOUCHPAD: [ROM] [EXPERIMENTAL] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies
NEXUS 7 (2nd Gen): Stock 4.4 KitKat [Untouched]
Notice: All of the nice people were killed somewhere between the beginning and end of the thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to HashTagHell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slckofit
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afewgrams View Post
The sound was removed from yesterday's update. You can find a link for it in the ROM thread.

EDIT:
Oh well, just flashed the original Bamf 1.5 rom and got the sound back during the first boot up.

Thanks for the help guys.

HashTagHell
Old
Thanks Meter 586
You missed my edit. You could have downloaded the sound file in my quote and moved it to /system/media .
TOUCHPAD: [ROM] [EXPERIMENTAL] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies
Notice: All of the nice people were killed somewhere between the beginning and end of the thread.

slckofit
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afewgrams View Post
You missed my edit. You could have downloaded the sound file in my quote and moved it to /system/media .
Yeah I missed it, but I do still prefer the original one. Didn't like some of the changes from the remix version.

HashTagHell
Old
(Last edited by HashTagHell; 20th April 2011 at 07:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by slckofit View Post
Yeah I missed it, but I do still prefer the original one. Didn't like some of the changes from the remix version.
I could understand that. I think I went after for the sole purpose of the word (remix).
Yes, yes, yes....I'm rather shallow that way.