[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

OP corvus

20th April 2011, 06:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42

144 posts
Donate to Me
More
newbe5 and me joined to create the biggest, best, and beautyfull rom for Advent Vega and POV Mobii.

Features:
(Old features from CorvusVegaRom 0.5)
NTFS, CIFS, and some other kernel tweaks
Patched against last malware (search xda for info)
CWM recovery added directly in the installation, and app to access it too.
Full Market working
Automount of FAT and NTFS devices
CIFS/NFS support (with Mount Manager from market)
VPN support (replace tun.ko module in /system/lib/modules with the one in the modules.zip)
Sqlite3 exec for modify app databases
gps.conf updated for better fixing
apns-conf.xml updated for 3G dongles
Reboot option added to shutdown menu
Fix BSOD when reboot, no more black screens...
Multitouch for Google Maps
Ads blocked using host file. (If you have any problem with this go to /system/etc/hosts and delete any problematic line).
Screen calibration app added.
Added a script to know if we are in host or slave mode, and GscriptLite that is needed.
Added Wfi Ad-Hoc support, so now can connect to ad-hoc networks.
(NEW in Corvus5)
Updated kernel with overclocking to 1.4Ghz
Performance boost, now in smartbech 2011 we get +4000/+2000 points !!!
UTF8 support
Added scripts to check/switch the way accelerometer works (game mode or mouse mode, so this can be selected)
Added TapNTap keyboard from Viewsonic G Tab
Replaced Gallery3D with 32bit-Gallery3D
Updated Clockwork Recovery to 3.0.2.4 (this still shows as 2.5.1.4 in ROM manager, but it is updated)
Removed Paul's Recovery Tool
Added ROM Manager (this can reboot you into recovery, so no need for 2 tools)
Removed Phone related APK's (Battery AHOY! This should increase battery life significantly, definately has for me!. This files can be added again using 3gFiles.zip attached)
Disabled Setup Wizard (will ask for google account information when you first run Market)
Removed VTL Launcher (All users have their own preference, so you can install which launcher you like)
Removed Task Manager (Pretty useless app imo, install better a one from the Market if you need one)
FIXED ACCELEROMETER!! This is now 100% working with perfect sensitivity for games etc, you MUST disable screen auto-rotation in settings for this to work properly.
*To help the above, newbe5 have created an auto-rotate on/off widget with a theme to match the rest of the ROM. Add it to your home screen from the Widgets menu as normal.This widget is a modified version of the one released on the Market for free by Jason Hull. Thanks Jason!
THEME! A whole new theme has been created from scratch specifically for this ROM. This theme was created by newbe5 and is called: GRID.
As part of the theme, most (if not all) of the transition animations have been changed to smoother ones.

EXPERIMENTAL:
I have compiled a bunch of modules lile tun, eyetoy module, some modules for dvb-t dongles and some for gamepads. They are attached, but no support for them... use at your risk.

BEFORE MAKE ANYTHING, PLEASE READ THIS FULL POST AND DO A NANDROID BACKUP (WITH CWM). I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY IN ANY WAY IF YOU BRICK, EAT, OR SIT YOUR TABLET

NOTES
md5sum of zip file:
2b36fcfdaeb484e828cafdd5b98034e5 Corvus5.zip

If you have problems installing with CWM or adb, try using Rom Manager.

For enter usb host mode:
Press power button, once display get power (you will see the diference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

For know usb mode:
In Gscript Lite, we only need to create a new script and use "cat /data/var/mode" without quotes and with "Needs SU?" marked. It will return in what mode are we, slave or host.

For 3g Dongle (with 3gFiles.zip added):
Start in host mode (back button pressed until vega boots) with 3g dongle inserted.
Once started, extract and put back 3G dongle. If you have PIN it will ask for it.
Test dongle (mine green is working, light blue is detected, but not connected, dark blue is connected). If it stalls in light blue, you have a problem with apns, edit /system/etc/apns-conf.xml or pm me.

For Links2SD:
In Links2SD you get an error first time you start it... reboot tablet and works ok.

If no music or wallpapers are show:
Load "Dev Tools" and restart the media scanner and once completed everything was shown

For check/change accelerometer mode:
With connectbot exec...
/system/bin/MouseGameModeChecker.sh to see in what mode is your tablet.
/system/bin/MouseGameSwitcher.sh to switch from game to mouse and back.

For overclocking:
Method 1:
Put the setcpu.txt file attached in the root of your sdcard and then start setcpu (if you have started earlyer, must press menu and press the left button "device") then select the bottom button (custom freqs) then you can move the slide to 1400000.
Method 2:
Download CPU Meter from market. It must detect the freqs and let you use them. Dont change any other parameter, use at your own risk.

AS ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE DO ANYTHING WITH YOUR TABLET.

Installation:
Using CWM (RECOMENDED).
Do a Full Wipe before flashing the rom (not needed, but can cause problems)
Copy Corvus5.zip to sdcard and update like any other update.

Not using CWM. (NOT RECOMENDED)
If you ave CWM, use the other way, if not, use this.
Unzip the file and use install-x where x is your operating system. If windows doesnt recognize the tablet use the usb drivers that are into the zip. This is the way that Modaco ROM is installed so if you have problem, please go to its post to see how to resolve.

Corvus5 link: Corvus5.zip
setcpu.txt link: setcpu.txt
modules.zip link: modules.zip
3gFiles.zip: 3gFiles.zip

Thanks to:

Gojimi for Vegan-Tab and the info shared to everyone
BumbleBee by his kernel and help
Paul by his scripts that speed this a lot
Koush by scripts for installing kernels
All users from #tegratab in freenode for helping me.
newbe5 for the help, the theme and for push me to do a new rom...
I think dont forgot anyone...

Corvus.
Last edited by corvus; 6th May 2011 at 08:29 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to corvus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2011, 07:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

298 posts
Thanks for the ROM guys. Keeps me happy with my tablet!

Keep up the good work!
20th April 2011, 07:38 PM   |  #3  
Flag Moscow, Russia
Thanks Meter: 63

839 posts
More
Just to know this means no CorvusVegaRom 0.6, you switching to Corvus5 developemnt? It is looking very nice and plus the 1.4Ghz oc option and great changelog as well .... coooool.

Now we can use the latest ROM Manager, via Market download, to flash the ROM from recovery->sdcard?
Also, please add that Honecomb theme from Modaco to this thread.

Thanks a lot
Last edited by EazyVG; 20th April 2011 at 07:46 PM.
20th April 2011, 07:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42

144 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyVG

Just to know this means no CorvusVegaRom 0.6, you switching to Corvus5 developemnt? It is looking very nice and plus the 1.4Ghz oc option and great changelog as well .... coooool.

Now we can use the latest ROM Manager, via Market download, to flash the ROM from recovery->sdcard?

Thanks a lot

Yes, no 0.6 rom

You can see Corvus5 like a CorvusVegaRom 1.0. No more development in any of them... maybe some bug fixing. Next will be much experimental and no for average users.

Corvus.
The Following User Says Thank You to corvus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2011, 07:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 58

214 posts
Dual-Core Tegra 2 @ 1400MHz ????

WOW guys.. that sounds awesome!!! I must try it... too bad today I'm kinda busy...
but soon I'll be switching from my incredibly smooth CorvusVegan to this one..
thanks guys!!
20th April 2011, 07:54 PM   |  #6  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 153

397 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budius

Dual-Core Tegra 2 @ 1400MHz ????

WOW guys.. that sounds awesome!!! I must try it... too bad today I'm kinda busy...
but soon I'll be switching from my incredibly smooth CorvusVegan to this one..
thanks guys!!

The speed increase really is noticable. Especially when switching apps etc.
20th April 2011, 08:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag Moscow, Russia
Thanks Meter: 63

839 posts
More
Corvus>> What are the min and max voltages for min speed and max 1400Ghz speed ... did you tweak it or it is always constant?

BTW, I see Viewsonic G-Tablet thread have now 1.5Ghz kernel ... are they compatible with your ROM and/or our device? Though I am quite happy with 1.4Ghz.

Sorry for so many questions, just want to understand.

Thanks Again.
20th April 2011, 08:19 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 112

231 posts
Donate to Me
More
DAMN MY BROKE HOME INTERNET! lol

I didn't manage to grab the second post in time, lmao. I'll have to add the extra content in down here as soon as my internet stops being crappy :/

newbe5/Zebwen
20th April 2011, 09:03 PM   |  #9  
Flag Lincoln UK
Thanks Meter: 32

267 posts
More
thanks for this it runs great, looks cool and 1.4Ghz dual core gives some good benchmarks to show off!
20th April 2011, 09:58 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 46

298 posts
I have lag when I switch tablet back on from sleep.

How to switch of auto correction and suggestion on the tap keyboard? I switched off in settings but its still on.

Thanks!

Sent from my Corvus5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread