Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Difference between Super LCD and Super Clear LCD?

OP atn_chargers

20th April 2011, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

116 posts
Hi guys, I just bought an Incredible S online for $480. It was a pretty good deal. Anyway, I checked the specs and saw that the IS is equipped with a SLCD screen. I haven't been able to find out much about the comparison of a SLCD and a SCLCD. Does anyone have some info?
20th April 2011, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,548

7,602 posts
More
curious too. the nexus s is super clear lcd.

looking for an answer
21st April 2011, 12:50 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

195 posts
I think they are just the same thing. I believe SLCD is a product developed by Samsung and Sony, so I think maybe different names for the same product .

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App
21st April 2011, 03:47 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 31

694 posts
Donate to Me
More
Super Lcd is much clearer than super clear Lcd. G2 I believe used the super clear Lcd and IS has a clearer and brighter display than the G2.
21st April 2011, 03:58 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atn_chargers

Hi guys, I just bought an Incredible S online for $480. It was a pretty good deal. Anyway, I checked the specs and saw that the IS is equipped with a SLCD screen. I haven't been able to find out much about the comparison of a SLCD and a SCLCD. Does anyone have some info?

you need to tell us where you got the is for $480
21st April 2011, 04:36 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 24

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696

curious too. the nexus s is super clear lcd.

looking for an answer

The Nexus S has a Super AmoLED screen in some geographies, complete with PenTile matrix.
21st April 2011, 11:27 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobie

Super Lcd is much clearer than super clear Lcd. G2 I believe used the super clear Lcd and IS has a clearer and brighter display than the G2.

G2 is just another super lcd phone.
Super clear lcd is pure samsung technology, and like the super amoled, it is only for samsung phones. Nexus s i9023 and samsung i9003 are the only higher end phones using one.

In short, sclcd is comparable to super amoled. Better color balance, great brightness on sunlight, but at the cost of weaker contrast(not as black as samoled)
21st April 2011, 05:52 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman3000

you need to tell us where you got the is for $480

Yeah I got pretty lucky. Some guy on ebay had it for sell for $480. He said he bought it brand new for $550; he only had it for a week. I messaged him and asked him if there was anything wrong with the phone. He said no, but he bought the phone thinking it would work with AT&T's 3G. He even specifically listed in his auction "DOES NOT WORK WITH USA 3G". Little did he know AWS is the T-mobile's 1700/2100 frequency band. So, his loss is my gain

Very curious of why HTC just slipped in the AWS band?? I'm sure they weren't targeting T-Mobile US customers. Maybe the AWS band was intended for Canadian services?
21st April 2011, 06:46 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 58

701 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atn_chargers

Yeah I got pretty lucky. Some guy on ebay had it for sell for $480. He said he bought it brand new for $550; he only had it for a week. I messaged him and asked him if there was anything wrong with the phone. He said no, but he bought the phone thinking it would work with AT&T's 3G. He even specifically listed in his auction "DOES NOT WORK WITH USA 3G". Little did he know AWS is the T-mobile's 1700/2100 frequency band. So, his loss is my gain

Very curious of why HTC just slipped in the AWS band?? I'm sure they weren't targeting T-Mobile US customers. Maybe the AWS band was intended for Canadian services?

HTC new exactly what they were doing when they put the AWS band in the Incredible s. They're just getting the most for their product. They already new they had a version of the phone going to Verizon as an exclusive phone. They also have it going to Virgin and Bell in Canada which means those particular models will work on AT&T 3G/4G. So now you have Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile customers buying one phone. (AT&T and T-Mobile customers have to buy it unlocked at full price)
22nd April 2011, 07:30 AM   |  #10  
Flag TAISHAN GD
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
the lcd is clearer

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread