Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Difference between Super LCD and Super Clear LCD?

Tip us?

atn_chargers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Difference between Super LCD and Super Clear LCD?

Hi guys, I just bought an Incredible S online for $480. It was a pretty good deal. Anyway, I checked the specs and saw that the IS is equipped with a SLCD screen. I haven't been able to find out much about the comparison of a SLCD and a SCLCD. Does anyone have some info?

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,547
curious too. the nexus s is super clear lcd.

looking for an answer
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

despard
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I think they are just the same thing. I believe SLCD is a product developed by Samsung and Sony, so I think maybe different names for the same product .

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

chobie
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Super Lcd is much clearer than super clear Lcd. G2 I believe used the super clear Lcd and IS has a clearer and brighter display than the G2.

Nexus One > iPhone 4 > HTC G2 > HTC Incredible S > SGS2 > HTC Sensation 4G > iPhone 4S + Samsung Galaxy Note II > Samsung Galaxy S5> iPhone 5C + Nexus 5 + HTC One M8

ashman3000
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by atn_chargers View Post
Hi guys, I just bought an Incredible S online for $480. It was a pretty good deal. Anyway, I checked the specs and saw that the IS is equipped with a SLCD screen. I haven't been able to find out much about the comparison of a SLCD and a SCLCD. Does anyone have some info?
you need to tell us where you got the is for $480

thedosbox
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
curious too. the nexus s is super clear lcd.

looking for an answer
The Nexus S has a Super AmoLED screen in some geographies, complete with PenTile matrix.

CCloak
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobie View Post
Super Lcd is much clearer than super clear Lcd. G2 I believe used the super clear Lcd and IS has a clearer and brighter display than the G2.
G2 is just another super lcd phone.
Super clear lcd is pure samsung technology, and like the super amoled, it is only for samsung phones. Nexus s i9023 and samsung i9003 are the only higher end phones using one.

In short, sclcd is comparable to super amoled. Better color balance, great brightness on sunlight, but at the cost of weaker contrast(not as black as samoled)

atn_chargers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman3000 View Post
you need to tell us where you got the is for $480
Yeah I got pretty lucky. Some guy on ebay had it for sell for $480. He said he bought it brand new for $550; he only had it for a week. I messaged him and asked him if there was anything wrong with the phone. He said no, but he bought the phone thinking it would work with AT&T's 3G. He even specifically listed in his auction "DOES NOT WORK WITH USA 3G". Little did he know AWS is the T-mobile's 1700/2100 frequency band. So, his loss is my gain

Very curious of why HTC just slipped in the AWS band?? I'm sure they weren't targeting T-Mobile US customers. Maybe the AWS band was intended for Canadian services?

NardVa
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by atn_chargers View Post
Yeah I got pretty lucky. Some guy on ebay had it for sell for $480. He said he bought it brand new for $550; he only had it for a week. I messaged him and asked him if there was anything wrong with the phone. He said no, but he bought the phone thinking it would work with AT&T's 3G. He even specifically listed in his auction "DOES NOT WORK WITH USA 3G". Little did he know AWS is the T-mobile's 1700/2100 frequency band. So, his loss is my gain

Very curious of why HTC just slipped in the AWS band?? I'm sure they weren't targeting T-Mobile US customers. Maybe the AWS band was intended for Canadian services?

HTC new exactly what they were doing when they put the AWS band in the Incredible s. They're just getting the most for their product. They already new they had a version of the phone going to Verizon as an exclusive phone. They also have it going to Virgin and Bell in Canada which means those particular models will work on AT&T 3G/4G. So now you have Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile customers buying one phone. (AT&T and T-Mobile customers have to buy it unlocked at full price)

nawuia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the lcd is clearer