XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dumb migration questions

Tip us?

wmm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default Dumb migration questions

I just upgraded from a Nexus One to the G2x, and I have a few dumb questions about the transition.

1. I've had the phone on for a couple of hours now. I don't think any of my Market applications have installed, although most/all (haven't checked in detail) of my paid applications are listed in Market as "purchased." Should I be concerned? Will they auto-install, and if so, how long is that likely to take? Any way to speed it up?

2. Is there any way to port over my SMS history from the Nexus One?

3. Is there any way to make wifi-calling "sticky?" It doesn't seem to turn on automatically when I power-cycle the phone, and I didn't find a setting that would make it auto-start.

4. This one is just curiosity, but I noticed that when I power on the phone, immediately after it registers on the network, the provider is listed as "T-Mobile," but after a few seconds it changes to "T - Mobile" with spaces around the "-". Does that mean anything?

smitty24
Old
(Last edited by smitty24; 20th April 2011 at 08:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I use an app called SMS Backup and Restore. From the n1, i did a backup, then copied the XML file it created to my new SD card. Went into the program and changed the folder path (since the internal memory has its own SD card) then added /_ExternalSD/ to path and restored the XML to keep all my texts from my N1

Also, your purchased apps are linked to your Google account. they wont auto download, but they should be listed in the market for reinstall.
The Following User Says Thank You to smitty24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wmm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty24 View Post
I use an app called SMS Backup and Restore. From the n1, i did a backup, then copied the XML file it created to my new SD card. Went into the program and changed the folder path (since the internal memory has its own SD card) then added /_ExternalSD/ to path and restored the XML to keep all my texts from my N1
Thanks for the tip! I'll pick that up and give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty24 View Post
Also, your purchased apps are linked to your Google account. they wont auto download, but they should be listed in the market for reinstall.
But I have to individually download all the free apps? Oh, well, I know what I'll be doing with my [previously] free time tonight...

Thanks again for the help.