[Q] G2X: First Day Issues
Just got my new G2X this morning. I came from a N1.
I generally like the phone and got it to address a couple of problems I had with the N1 (handset speaker went out and I only could talk via speaker or BT, sticky buttons, and continuous switching between EDGE/3G).
I can overlook the display bleed, the fact that I HATE where the power button is located, trackball, LED notifications (boy, will I miss those) and can (I think) tolerate the lack of early android updates.
There are couple of other things that REALLY bug me, though, and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing it and if there were any solutions. (Yeah, I searched the 'net today but haven't come up with any thing elegant). I don't have these problems on the N1 so could probably tolerate it and return the G2X until more appropriate hardware was out. (Maybe sensation? Although I don't like large screens on my phone)
1. Bluetooth lag. There is a significant (sometimes 1-2 seconds) lag between the time my phone generates sounds and when my BT headset picks them up (Jawbone Icon).
2. BT/Handset simultaneous sounds. I liked the fact that when my BT headset was connected, the handset speaker would mute and all sounds would only come through the headset. This does not happen that way with the G2X - is there a way to change it?
3. So I have two places for storage and by default, most of the apps point to the internal one and can't be changed to point to the external (I was able to point the camera storage to external at least, whew!). Any known workaround?
4. Task killer can't kill certain apps. I get a message saying that 2.2 didn't allow 3rd party apps to cancel processes. Never noticed this on the N1.
5. Car Home - I'm sure a lot of people find this useful, but I don't. Is there any way to supress this from coming up? Sometimes I get it when I connect my BT headset. At other times it doesn't show up until I get a call.
I really want to like this phone, but aside from 4G, it seems like it isn't much more than a minor improvement over my N1...