Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New prl 01115

Tip us?

realgood49311
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got 01117

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

DarkManX4lf
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by iitreatedii View Post
my 3g speeds went from an average of .3 -.8 non airave to .8 -1.6 non airave, i approve
How can updating the PRL fix Sprint 3G speeds. Especially when a PRL would only affect the towers you ROAM on ??

digiblur
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2050

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
How can updating the PRL fix Sprint 3G speeds. Especially when a PRL would only affect the towers you ROAM on ??
Ding ding ding... you are correct! 99% of the time, a PRL update will not have an affect on speeds at all. There are rare cases... but usually if someone provides the SID they are on, I can debunk their theory pretty quickly. For instance, one user provided his SID. I checked back to 60670, and the channels it scans for voice and 3G are still exactly the same.

It's not like Sprint goes in and adds some EV channels, then they have to update the PRL to scan for them. For the most part, the PRL already has the phones scanning for all the licensed channels when 3G was first rolled out to that area way back. Another case in point.. in one area they just received EVDO 3-4 months ago. You can look at a PRL over 3 years ago and it was telling the phone to scan for all of the licensed channels.

digiblur
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2050

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by realgood49311 View Post
I got 01117

What is your general location? and what SID/NID are you on?

luiggipr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Puerto Rico here updated 01115

doh_tee
Old
Thanks Meter 8
People keep saying that PRL has no effect on speeds. Well when my speeds tripled above previous max, even temporarily, after a weird PRL update (01115), then you're calling ME a liar. I have never hit 2500 down I barely hit 1000 down. Until yesterday morning or whenever. I'm not a genius but it obviously did SOMETHING for some people. I'm just venting out of irritation for people basically calling us idiots for putting two and two together.

Get off your f***ing soapbox. Unless you design these towers or these phones or the standards used, then the fact is, that you don't know what effects things can have on phones. The people who made then don't know half the damn time.

All done now. Play nice.

digiblur
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2050

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh_tee View Post
People keep saying that PRL has no effect on speeds. Well when my speeds tripled above previous max, even temporarily, after a weird PRL update (01115), then you're calling ME a liar. I have never hit 2500 down I barely hit 1000 down. Until yesterday morning or whenever. I'm not a genius but it obviously did SOMETHING for some people. I'm just venting out of irritation for people basically calling us idiots for putting two and two together.

Get off your f***ing soapbox. Unless you design these towers or these phones or the standards used, then the fact is, that you don't know what effects things can have on phones. The people who made then don't know half the damn time.

All done now. Play nice.

And your SID is?

cmsjr123
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
For those with faster speeds maybe you got a tower update of some kind. Or maybe you are just roaming natively. Or maybe with the cancellation of the deals people are no longer roaming on sprint's network and there for less congestion *leading to more bandwidth available for sprint users*

steal25
Old
Recognized Themer / Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6779

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorimere View Post
From Sprint Forums.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/66933?tstart=0

"Ok so looking into it, here are the changes in layman in the 60678/1115 update:

The 60678 PRL will remove 3G roaming coverage in FL, MI, OH, WV and WI for all Consumers. Business IL and CL customers however, will get PRL 1115 with continued 3G roaming service.
I don't know why, I don't have access to the information used to make this decision. I'm assuming the roaming agreements expired and the options were either remove roaming entirely for all customers in these areas, or limit the number of accounts that can roam there (making it be only business accounts that will roam on 3G in these areas).

If the account is setup as a Business Individual Liable or Business Corporate Liable account there will be EvDO roaming in these areas, if the Sprint account is a standard consumer account there will only be 1xRTT roaming. The Sprint.com coverage map will only show the 1xRTT coverage in these areas regardless. The Business accounts are receiving a custom PRL, not the standard national PRL all other devices receive.
So it now makes sense to me why i got this (01115) because i have a business acct. and i guess the only upside to it is that when i roam i can roam in 3g.But i live in a major city and always have coverage so it really makes no difference!The only ones its gonna make a difference to are people who roam alot, i guess.
These vultures rob everything Leaving nothing but chains....De La Rocha

lilflip21
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Wink Ocean property in Minnesota 4sale.. :)

Lol the placebo effect is strong in many of you.. but in the end your location (specific tower) and network traffic are going to be about all that matters.. almost everything else can be random and figuring out which random factor caused yesterdays speed to be .3 mbs slower is useless.. nice to know this PRL isn't corrupt other than that I won't expect it to make ANY statistical difference but my phone could very well speed test faster today.. maybe slower again tomorrow... who knows...

Just my useless 2 cents.. but again thank you for the info that 01115/01117 isn't corrupt which is the real useful info in this thread
Sprint G900P - MOAR & KT or R.D.D.T & The Governaa'
► ONE (M7) ► EVO 3D ► EVO 4G ► Touch Pro2 ► Touch Pro ►