NookBooks need WIFI CM7

Tip us?

xdaikatanax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default NookBooks need WIFI CM7

Hello all,

I've got CM7 running great on my NookColor. Even the Nook App works, and I can redownload all of my books to wherever I want without issue. Bravo!

One slight snag though: the Nook App, for some strange reason, seems to require that the Nook be on Wifi in order for some books to open. This means when I'm at work I can't read some of the books I've paid for through B&N. I tried opening these with another reader (Aldiko), but I got a username/password request to open these books, and my B&N login doesn't work.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Or, is there another app that lets you open .epub files that come from the Nook App?

Much obliged!

wrdoss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaikatanax View Post
Hello all,

I've got CM7 running great on my NookColor. Even the Nook App works, and I can redownload all of my books to wherever I want without issue. Bravo!

One slight snag though: the Nook App, for some strange reason, seems to require that the Nook be on Wifi in order for some books to open. This means when I'm at work I can't read some of the books I've paid for through B&N. I tried opening these with another reader (Aldiko), but I got a username/password request to open these books, and my B&N login doesn't work.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Or, is there another app that lets you open .epub files that come from the Nook App?

Much obliged!
I don't think I've ever tried using the Nook App with WiFi off - I'll have to try that after work.

As for Aldiko, I was able to read the B&N DRM protected books by using my B&N username (in my case it was my first and last name, but I'm not sure if that's standard) and my credit card number as the password. I just needed to do this once.

xdaikatanax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I never thought to use that as my password - I'll give that a shot and post back. Thanks!

xdaikatanax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
After updating to the latest nightly and reinstalling, the Nook App is working just fine.
Tags
cyanogenmod, nook, nookcolor