5,599,677 Members 46,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO] US Retail Availability (for Updates on Preorders and Purchasing)

Tip us?

husker91
Old
Thanks Meter 388

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice0901 View Post
Called 2 BestBuys in my area. They had no clue what I was talking about
Same here bud, they were like "We don't carry anything with that sku" then laughed at me

SlimDan22
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice0901 View Post
Called 2 BestBuys in my area. They had no clue what I was talking about
Thats what BestBuy is best known for, not knowing anything
Wizard (G3) - Retired
Touch Pro - Retired
MyTouch 3G Slide Retired
Eee Pad Transfromer 16GB
HTC Sensation

PSN: SlimDan22
Steam: SlimD622

shawnbuell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When I called bestbuy yesterday, asking if I could preorder the Asus Transformer tablet. The girl told me that the only tablet they carry is the ipad, and then hung up on me. I hate the employees, love the credit card.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

ice0901
Old
Thanks Meter 16
funny how no one not even Amazon has any info about this.....

EJL1980
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarJones27 View Post
Have never heard of it but just input my zip code and turns out with shipping it is $129 and change. That's a nice discount but they won't ship for 2 weeks. It seems that they might have then in stores though. I'm going to call when I get back home. If they are available now, is anyone that lives near a store with stock willing to pick one up and ship it to me (i can part you via paypal)?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
I ordered yesterday, and they called today to tell me the dock would ship within two weeks. They then asked if I wanted to cancel or keep my order. nice service.

lafester
Old
Thanks Meter 235
lots of impatient people here
Stop the madness... Delete your 'SENT FROM MY' Sig

j.bruha
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Pulled the trigger on the docking station from AmericanTV for just under $140.

Now I'm stuck deciding if I want to risk waiting a few extra days for the tablet itself. I was prepared to buy the 16gb version with the dock already, ($399.99+$149.99*10.75% tax= $609) but I might spring for the 32gb from AAFES.

So of the $609 I was prepared to spend for the 16gb, I could either buy the 32gb for a total of $635 or I could save some money with the 16gb from them at a total of $560. In both scenarios, I'm gambling with getting it potentially much later than the 26th.

Hmmm....

JoeJags
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Just an aside........has anyone else noted that the countdown on Facebook will not end until 4 a.m. Eastern on the 27th..???...not the 26th......just wondering......

hotelmode
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yeah you're right, that's 4am EST on the 27th, about midnight on the west coast I think. Not exactly the 26th. It does say "Available on shelves" starting on the 26th. Maybe whatever that "Buy Now" link is will turn on on the 27th. I wonder which website that link will take you to.

jyan_osu
Old
Thanks Meter 85
My ups listing has gone from ontime to in transit. I called and they said they need the shipper to initiate the tracking because it is now considered lost. Of course newegg is closed on weekends. Why can't I initiate the tracking? Fedex was a lot more helpful in these situations. Guess I'll use then next time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Tags
asus, eee pad, epicthread, fml, hoarding, omfgimgonnadiew/omyasus, purchasing, tf101, tf101-a1, tf101-b1, transformer, transformer/=life/death