Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Test the Touchpad

OP svenk919

22nd April 2011, 12:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Enschede
Thanks Meter: 61

391 posts
Donate to Me
More
From the SE developers world site you can download the files I added as an attachment in .zip format. They help devs on their way to develop for the xperia play and belong together with the following: http://developer.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/921/870/1297178992/Accessing_Touch%20Events.pdf

Which I think would be perfect to see how acurate the touchpads really are.

I managed to compile the code from Sony Ericson (my first app/program I ever compiled for android and one of the first in my live ) and added the .apk as an attachment. this is based on the code in the TouchpadNA.zip file.

Personally I was suprised with how acurate it was and found out it's actually 1 big multitouchpad. It detects 2 seperate fingers max but that could be a limitation from this software. The software also detects fingers on the touchscreen (up to 4).

Edit2: Used new icons and did some version numbering, maybe going to improve the app in the future (like testing all other buttons so you can maybe see input lag, but not sure about it). The codes are still the original from SE.

Edit3: Now shows up in the xperia play game launcher!
Attached Files
File Type: zip TouchpadNA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (53.3 KB, 418 views)
File Type: zip TouchpadNAGlue.zip - [Click for QR Code] (42.0 KB, 156 views)
File Type: zip TouchpadNAJava.zip - [Click for QR Code] (49.3 KB, 161 views)
File Type: apk TouchpadTest-0.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (39.4 KB, 1024 views)
Last edited by svenk919; 5th June 2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: New version
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to svenk919 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2011, 08:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 189

676 posts
More
Nice little app :)
Just tested the touchpads to see if they did work... Hey and they do :D
Wich games do they actually work in, cause they're not implemented in fpse yet?
5th June 2011, 05:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Enschede

391 posts
Donate to Me
More
It now shows up in the xperia play game launcher
5th June 2011, 06:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 639

2,458 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think you'd do a great thing if you keep developing this. This could be the beginning for a sweet bundle of custom apps (such as Zoop57's camera mod) which would really enhance the value of our XPlays.

I assume we're good to go installing the APK?
5th June 2011, 06:20 PM   |  #5  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 907

6,478 posts
More
My biggest disapoint with the play is devs dont treat the touch pads like analogue sticks, even on rainbow 6 and nova you have to aim with swipes rather than using it like a stick on my xbox pad (if you get what i mean) lol

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk
5th June 2011, 06:29 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Enschede

391 posts
Donate to Me
More
The apk is good to install yes. Just select it with something like root explorer or just open it in a mail on your device, you do have to select somewhere in the options to allow apps from outside the market.

Since I'm not very good with coding I don't think I can improve much (all the code is from SE). I do wonder why SE didn;t put this in the service menu though.

@AndroHero
I to find that bothersome, walking goes fine but for aiming we need to sweep :/
5th June 2011, 07:00 PM   |  #7  
Flag Manchester

6,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenk919

Since I'm not very good with coding I don't think I can improve much (all the code is from SE). I do wonder why SE didn;t put this in the service menu though.

The app installs and works great, im quite suprised how sensitive the touch pads are

6th June 2011, 01:48 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 18

413 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero

My biggest disapoint with the play is devs dont treat the touch pads like analogue sticks, even on rainbow 6 and nova you have to aim with swipes rather than using it like a stick on my xbox pad (if you get what i mean) lol

I was actually thinking of writing to gameloft to request this. If the analog touchsticks played like all analog sticks, games would be much better.

I think it is gameloft rather than sony here, since the "look" touchstick is simply emulating a swipe on a touchscreen.

This DEFINATELY needs to be fixed if fps games are going to be taken more seriously on the sexplay.
6th June 2011, 04:40 PM   |  #9  
Flag Manchester

6,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsswoosh

I was actually thinking of writing to gameloft to request this. If the analog touchsticks played like all analog sticks, games would be much better.

I think it is gameloft rather than sony here, since the "look" touchstick is simply emulating a swipe on a touchscreen.

This DEFINATELY needs to be fixed if fps games are going to be taken more seriously on the sexplay.

Funny that i was thinking of starting a thread in the gameloft forum about the same thing, the touchpad test proves that both thumpads can emulate analogue stick perfectly fine to be implimented into games.

6th June 2011, 05:34 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 18

413 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero

Funny that i was thinking of starting a thread in the gameloft forum about the same thing, the touchpad test proves that both thumpads can emulate analogue stick perfectly fine to be implimented into games.

If you make a thread, post the link and i will support you.

Im fairly certain Gameloft make the "look" analog stick function this way due to basically "copy and paste" code from touchscreen to analog stick.

The "movement" stick works properly like a proper analog stick, but the "swipe style look movement" on the "look" stick needs to be programmed to properly work like an analog stick and not emulate the touchscreen swipe.
Last edited by dsswoosh; 6th June 2011 at 05:44 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread