Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

gorilla glass, still dents, first all ways hurts the worst!

OP fhaines

22nd April 2011, 07:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lebanon, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2

158 posts
More
Well it finally happened. First time in years I have ever f'ed up the screen on a phone. At work tonight slipped out of my hand and on to the floor and slid about 3 foot face down. I had the shipping screen cover on it (waiting on a real one off Ebay) so i ended up with a very small dent/ding in the screen. Not terribly noticeable but i know its there. HA! So to everyone out there, get a decent screen protector on there ASAP. Dont let the hype fool you, It aint indestructable.

fhaines
22nd April 2011, 08:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Charm City
Thanks Meter: 126

1,604 posts
More
I actually heard LG didn't put Gorilla glass on the G2x but the o2x has it. I don't know if it's true or not but I have read it in a couple places.
22nd April 2011, 08:05 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

84 posts
Its scratch resistant... Not fall resistant. It can still get scratch if you take a key and deliberately scratch it. They're meaning of scratch resistant is if you take your finger nail and just lightly go over the screen.
22nd April 2011, 08:08 AM   |  #4  
Flag Paranaque City
Thanks Meter: 12

305 posts
More
Does it really use gorilla glass? Before, my tab got hit by the metal part of a can opener thanks to a stupid classmate of mine, and nothing happened.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2011, 11:37 AM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,494

5,852 posts
Donate to Me
More
According to Corning the Optimus 2X has it so I would think the g2x has it as well

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/?...tured-products
22nd April 2011, 02:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 327

2,111 posts
LG product page g2x specifically says Corning Gorilla glass so yes we have it. Sorry about your accident.
22nd April 2011, 03:39 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

72 posts
At least it's a dent, not broken glass.
14th May 2011, 06:47 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
just had this happen to me last night, extensive damage to glass, but digitzer and lcd work.
i dont have insurance, so today i decided to call LG mobile phone
customer care at 800-793-8896.

I looked at options to do this myself, but it sounds like that would void my warranty,
which i think ill need later.

They answered the phone quickly and were very professional.
I told the man what happened and he gave me a repair authorization and an address
to ship it to.

When i asked about. costs he said anywhere from $40 to $100 but ill post an update after they contact me. im waiting for my replacement mytouch to come back. before i ship this one out.

I know assurion charges a. deductible of around $130.
Last edited by laxtico; 14th May 2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: addl info
14th May 2011, 09:52 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwingate6

I actually heard LG didn't put Gorilla glass on the G2x but the o2x has it. I don't know if it's true or not but I have read it in a couple places.

On LG's website it says gorilla glass was used for the G2x
14th May 2011, 09:56 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyizhurr

Its scratch resistant... Not fall resistant. It can still get scratch if you take a key and deliberately scratch it. They're meaning of scratch resistant is if you take your finger nail and just lightly go over the screen.

I tried taking a key to one of my replacement G2x's and it didn't leave a scratch!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread