Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 51,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What is the most important feature you love about SuperNova?
Ease of Installation 198 22.40%
Simple and detailed installation guide 135 15.27%
Stability 385 43.55%
Unlimited internal memory 535 60.52%
Stock and close to HTC original ROM 276 31.22%
Support from developers 152 17.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] SUPERNOVA Xtreme Official GB 06/Mar/12 | 2GB INTERNAL MEMORY|Optimized KERNEL

Tip us?

fisha21
Old
(Last edited by fisha21; 29th January 2012 at 03:28 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 3842

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidzone View Post
No we aren't.. Starburst has one patched by ownhere, though the one tried for Supernova was not a good one. I haven't used the one for Sense 3.5, but I've seen apps on the Market which check database operation speeds and can tell you whether it's any good. Can't remember the names of any of them now Sibere could tell you more..
Yep, definitely easier to hear you over here! Just asked as seb15 posted a link to a thread that seems to offer a 'patched sqlite for 2.3'

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1000899.

However, that links back to a file posted on ownhere's original thread, which makes me wonder if it's the same one you guys tried with Supernova?

EDIT Actually, the patched libsqlite was posted in a CM7 (Android 2.3.7) LG Optimus thread, so its def not a Sense version! Oddly, seb15 said he'd installed it and it worked. Well, if I get around to trying it will let you guys know if it worked...not expecting much though

Quote:
Finding out where to patch would require more knowledge about stack tracing and assembly code, which I don't possess (atm).
Given the rate you seem to be acquiring knowledge, probably not too far off

Droidzone
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2180

DONATE TO ME
I love working with kernels since they're open source C code which one can understand. I'll be getting some free time next month, during which I'd like to create a better CPU governor if possible , based on Smartassv2. Maybe also get to make a Data2sd controller app which can do a lot of the things easier. Dreams..

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidzone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hvihavai
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvihavai View Post
Hi DZ,

I'm now testing 240112 performance kernel (kbase_battfixFix_240112_104929.zip).
Works nice, no problems detected.

Only thing is that while Call Recorder (or should I say 2WC patch) works just fine, it's now reporting that kernel is not patched or patch is too old.
Performance v3 kernel reported version 1.8520 and no error.

So purely cosmetic problem, but I'm intrigued what is different/changed with the 2WC code if anything.

Thanks.
Something is really strange with Call Recorder reporting the version of the patch.

I checked this again, and now app reports that I have indeed the latest 1.8250 version. Call Recorder and kernel are the same as earlier, but I have reboot phone once.

Droidzone
Old
Thanks Meter 2180

DONATE TO ME
At least now we've got confirmation that it's merely a cosmetic issue. I'm not really worried about this, and will leave to skvalex to fix it. We've better things to work with like the camera bug..

paste bin http://pastebin.com/7xdh773r

hvihavai
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
At least now we've got confirmation that it's merely a cosmetic issue. I'm not really worried about this, and will leave to skvalex to fix it. We've better things to work with like the camera bug..

paste bin http://pastebin.com/7xdh773r
Yes.......

preston74
Old
Thanks Meter 297
@Droidzone
can you take a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=83

you are great with kernel developing, can you help us to get better kernel for ICS roms?

i'm sorry for offtop.

Droidzone
Old
Thanks Meter 2180

DONATE TO ME
atm, my attention is rivetted on TheGanymedes's Linux on Android project and the Sense kernel. I'm trying to fix a bug in the Sense kernel which causes operating the camera to cause random kernel panic. I'll take a look at ics when I have more free time. Chaos z seems to be a doing a great job so far, as far as I can see.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidzone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Droidzone
Old
Thanks Meter 2180

DONATE TO ME
Had a peek, but it's really hard to collaborate on something without comments on what exactly others are trying to fix.. which means some kind of commit tracking system/description. I'll have to give this a miss for now.

thouvou13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I flashed Supernova about 2 months ago and everything works fine. I have never flashed any newer kernels or radios or anything else, just the 2.4.0.0 version of Supernova. I found out that the ROM has a small defect that I used to have with official HTC 2.3.3. Occasionally when I press Home button the ROM reboots. Is there any solution for that issue? Can somebody help?

Droidzone
Old
Thanks Meter 2180

DONATE TO ME
That's because Sense was forced out of memory because of your background tasks/processes. Reduce the number of background processes/widgets that start up automatically.

Tags
data2sd, desire, gingerbread, rom, sense, stock, supernova