XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] asus international warranty?

Tip us?

predo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Post [q] asus international warranty?

ok deal is that I go to us for 3 weeks on Tuesday - which nicely overlaps with Asus release date...
I'm undecided whether to buy it in states or when I come back home to uk.... it does work out considerably cheaper in US than in UK....

with dock its 100 cheaper in US... 330 vs 430
without dock difference is even greater
240 vs 379...
so even if I had to pay VAT upon return to UK (which I'd like to avoid of course) that would still only be about 45 in VAT so still 100 cheaper for tablet only...
Now 100 out of 380 thats nearly 25%.... tempting...

so my question is, what's asus warranty like? would I be covered in UK with my US transformer?
IPAQ 3630 -> HTC Wizard -> HTC Kaiser -> HTC Dream > HTC Hero > HTC Desire > Google Nexus 4

predo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Anyone?

Sent from my HTC Desire
IPAQ 3630 -> HTC Wizard -> HTC Kaiser -> HTC Dream > HTC Hero > HTC Desire > Google Nexus 4

djdevine2
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I'd like to know this too.... I was planning on getting family in the US to buy one and then bring it over when they come to visit beginning of May. If there's no worldwide warranty then there may be a problem! Especially with the reports of dead pixels which I CANNOT stand!
Main Phone : Sony Xperia Arc S
ROM : AOKP Milestone 6
Kernal : FXP

Tablet : ASUS eee Transformer TF101
ROM : Rayman33's AOSP Butter 4.1.1 Build #2
Kernal : Rayman33 Harmony JB

SOLD : Samsung Galaxy Ace
SOLD : HTC Wildfire

chattyuk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm also considering doing this when I head over to the states later this year. Asus laptops have international warranty so I'm hoping their tablets will as well!
Can anybody who has one check the warranty paper that came with the transformer to see if it's worldwide?
Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

czm
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yes the warranty card says 12 months global cover

jimbob1971
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Ripped off in the UK as usual.

I also see there were a few of our American cousins moaning about it not being available in the States. Well, that is how we generally feel in Europe as most thing are released first in the US - Games, films, tech etc etc. Right, moan over: I feel better now!

If I were you I'd get it from the States (even buy two and sell one for a small profit over here and you'd pay even less for yours!)

Techno79
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I'm in the UK and thinking of buying the Transformer Prime in the US for the cost saving. Hopefully it'll support global warranty cover like the original Transformer.

Does anyone what differences there'll be between the two devices and accessories that come with it?

I know it'll come with a US power cable and the default language would be English US. These are non issues as I can get a new UK power cable and change the language and regional settings to English UK.

Anything else I need to be aware of?