Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery question

Tip us?

Mikeglongo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Battery question

Hey guys, fairly new but I just got the g2x on wednesday and well, let's say I drained the battery (30% when I got it), and then charged it fully, and then fully charged it again, and let it drain.

My battery is horrendous, and I don't even use the phone that much. I'm losing 20% battery in a half hour - 1 hour just texted someone twice, used facebook for a maximum of 10 minutes, and searched/downloaded some apps I found very useful.

I know this is redundant, but I'm not sure what to do, i'm afraid to play NOVA or need for speed just because my battery is draining so quickly from just texting and minor functions.

I have TaskPanel to auto-kill anything, but I'm not sure that's really doing anything. Not going to lie, the battery improved from yesterday's charge. Maybe I need to give it time? But after 2 days, it's still frustrating.

Someone help

redfarsi
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Call T-Mobile, get a new battery or exchange the phone. You have two weeks to decide if you want to keep it.

xl DIGITAL lx
Old
Thanks Meter 316

DONATE TO ME
That's what I'm doing. Or just try a factory reset.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App
Google Nexus
Rom: AOKP

Mikeglongo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Alright, i'll bring it to T-mobile then ask them about it, and then if they recommend the factory reset then I'll do that, I hate to lose all my apps that I spend awhile downloading lol, but I guess there's never free lunch

xl DIGITAL lx
Old
Thanks Meter 316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeglongo View Post
Alright, i'll bring it to T-mobile then ask them about it, and then if they recommend the factory reset then I'll do that, I hate to lose all my apps that I spend awhile downloading lol, but I guess there's never free lunch
Just back them up with titanium backup if your rooted.

Google Nexus

Mikeglongo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I'm not rooted, I simply don't do it because I'm worried about voiding my warranty, and I'm really not that tech-savvy with the android, I'm really new to it, and find it difficult at times haha. Unless it's easy to unroot it..... then I'd root it

xl DIGITAL lx
Old
Thanks Meter 316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeglongo View Post
I'm not rooted, I simply don't do it because I'm worried about voiding my warranty, and I'm really not that tech-savvy with the android, I'm really new to it, and find it difficult at times haha. Unless it's easy to unroot it..... then I'd root it
Its really easy to unroot, one button and that's it. Same program to root it. Just root it then unroot it after you're done backing up your apps.

Google Nexus

smitty24
Old
Thanks Meter 1
what apps are 'extremely' useful? Id wipe, then download them one at a time. One of them is likely causing the fast drain.

If that doesnt help, def. take it back to the store for a swap.

xl DIGITAL lx
Old
Thanks Meter 316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty24 View Post
what apps are 'extremely' useful? Id wipe, then download them one at a time. One of them is likely causing the fast drain.

If that doesnt help, def. take it back to the store for a swap.
That's what I'm going to try after the factory reset. I have like 150 apps lol. Mostly games.

Google Nexus

Mikeglongo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Alrighty, well i really dont have that many apps haha, I have like SMS pro, and I added some widgets and launchers that's all, those are probably easy to download in all honesty.

Is it really that easy to unroot and root? Can you tell me what app I can use to do that? or how to do that?

I'm trusting that it really works because I'd hate to void my warranty