View Poll Results: Did you get the Nodo update for Omnia 7 after the 11th April?
Yes, no problem! 11 14.29%
No... Do 66 85.71%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Since the 11th April, did you get nodo on Omnia 7

OP BombeXIII

22nd April 2011, 05:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 2

56 posts
More
Dear Omnia owners,

It seems that the NoDo update is no longer available for Omnia 7 users since 2 weeks.

For my own case, i got the ndo notification on my phone, but i can't do the update immediatly, so i try 5 day later, and Zune says that my phone is up to date...

So i just want to know how many of us meet the same problem.

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: So Nodo has been stop:

"Yes, we've temporarily stopped sending updates to Omnia7s. The team discovered a technical issue with the update package for this model. The work of fixing and testing the package is nearly done, and the team hopes to resume update deliveries soon. When I know more about the timing, I'll pass it along." (Michael Stroh -> MS Employee)

XIII
Last edited by BombeXIII; 1st May 2011 at 11:55 AM.
22nd April 2011, 06:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 4

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombeXIII

Dear Omnia owners,

It seems that the NoDo update is no longer available for Omnia 7 users since 2 weeks.

For my own case, i got the ndo notification on my phone, but i can't do the update immediatly, so i try 5 day later, and Zune says that my phone is up to date...

So i just want to know how many of us meet the same problem.

Thanks for your reply.

XIII

Yes, no more NODO at least officially, and your readings are totally correct. Well, I am going to do it with Chevron updater right now.
22nd April 2011, 07:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
More
Same here.....

Got my Omnia 7 on 9th of April with T-Mob Branding. Used to flash that device to have the original Firmware and no Branding.

Just after flashing I got the notification of pre-NoDo but that it.

Looking at many forums around this topic, you'll find so much owners with that problem!
22nd April 2011, 08:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Same problem here. Got a message that there was an update available, few days later I tried to update: untill today Zune keeps telling me that my phone is up to date...
23rd April 2011, 04:05 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

160 posts
no update for me since I got my phone on the 4th,only pre nodo

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
24th April 2011, 10:49 AM   |  #6  
Southampton
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
I'm getting more and more impatient and angry with MS
24th April 2011, 12:52 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 31

861 posts
More
Same here. Going ringing them tomorrow and give out ****.
I was one of those who got nodo update with Hungary connection and 15 sec data trick.

Now I sent of my phone for repair and it came back with 7004 and it won't update past 7008. Sick of this ****

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
24th April 2011, 01:07 PM   |  #8  

12 posts
In a different boat here, contract gets renewed end of april, jumping over to an Atrix or Galaxy S2, sick of MS updates already, I knew it was a mistake buying into the first wave of WP7 devices, maybe by next year when nokia gets on board it'll be a viable platform :)
24th April 2011, 01:11 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

239 posts
I got the notification at the beginning of the month but the next day when I connected it to my computer it said it was up to date.

Maybe they pulled it because they're waiting for a samsung firmware update or something. I don't really care that I don't have it yet since it is only a minor update. This is their first update and by the time mango and other updates are released I'm sure it will go smoother.
24th April 2011, 06:35 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Paris

56 posts
More
A french guy had a contact with Samsung, ang the samsung guys told him that Nodo has been hold for Omnia 7 for un unknown period of time...
He just say to connect his phone to zune from time to time.
To be confirmed, but MS is not to be blamed but Samsung yes!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nodo, omnia, removed
Previous Thread Next Thread