Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recommendations for SD cards...

Tip us?

jcboiz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Recommendations for SD cards...

Hello, I am looking for a 32gb microsd card to put into my g2x. If someone could recommend a brand and also what class speed to purchase. Much appreciated!!

eagle1967
Old
(Last edited by eagle1967; 22nd April 2011 at 11:55 PM.) Reason: add link
Thanks Meter 978
Default well darn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboiz View Post
Hello, I am looking for a 32gb microsd card to put into my g2x. If someone could recommend a brand and also what class speed to purchase. Much appreciated!!
I got this one and it works without problems that i have seen

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211535

but it was on sale for 10 bucks cheaper and i guess the sale has ended. but if your set on a class 10 than sandisk ,patriot and lexar seem to be the most popular. i was looking for adequate and cheap with decent reviews of it actually working so thats why i got that one. im happy with it so far. but for 10 bucks more might not be worth not going for the class 10's.

here is another convo on the subject.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1043780

tonyizhurr
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Lexar 32 GB Class 10 all the way. It lives up to a class 10. Don't buy off ebay as they may be fake. It may show 32 GB on the disk and on the computer but it won't save up to 32 gb. It may also be only a class 4 or 2. Get a lexar 32 gb off amazon.

jcboiz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyizhurr View Post
Lexar 32 GB Class 10 all the way. It lives up to a class 10. Don't buy off ebay as they may be fake. It may show 32 GB on the disk and on the computer but it won't save up to 32 gb. It may also be only a class 4 or 2. Get a lexar 32 gb off amazon.

Does class 10 really matter when it comes to a smartphone? I have no experience with the different classes so if people can fill me in. Thanks!!

brian6685
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Just out of curiosity, what do people need 32gb + 8gb internal space for? What do you put on your phone that uses that much space? Music?

G2X

RueTheDay
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post
I got this one and it works without problems that i have seen

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211535

but it was on sale for 10 bucks cheaper and i guess the sale has ended. but if your set on a class 10 than sandisk ,patriot and lexar seem to be the most popular. i was looking for adequate and cheap with decent reviews of it actually working so thats why i got that one. im happy with it so far. but for 10 bucks more might not be worth not going for the class 10's.
Amazon has that card for $55. I ordered it last night.

kentrik
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6685 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what do people need 32gb + 8gb internal space for? What do you put on your phone that uses that much space? Music?

G2X
Music, movies, documents, pictures, all of the above. The advantage to the modern smartphone is that it eliminates the need to carry multiple devices everywhere. With a phone like this one, it would be a shame to NOT have a couple of your favorite movies on it in good quality, as the screen is excellent and I'm pretty sure that's why there is a mini-HDMI out on this thing.

As for mine, I keep The Hangover and a selection of a couple other movies I could watch 200 times over on my phone. I also have about 4GB of the most recent flavor of musical interest as well, and keep some general information PDFs and some tech files and notes for work and school on my phone. Oh, and I plan on using it as my primary camera at the next few trade shows I go to.

brian6685
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Okay

G2X

nonmindo
Old
Thanks Meter 123
I'm running a wintec 16gb c10 I got for $25 at fry's...I benched at 11.6MB/s write and 16.6MB/s read

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

Ericcson CF-768 > Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3390 > Samsung E-255 > Samsung SGH-S105 > Sony Ericncson T68i > Motorola E785 > Samsung T808 > Nokia N-Gage > Nokia 3650 > Nokia 6600 > T-mobile MDA > Blackberry pearl > T-Mobile Shadow > Sharp Sidekick 2009 > Apple iPhone 2g > HTC My Touch3g > HTC NEXUS ONE > Samsung Vibrant > LG G2x > HTC Sensation 4G > Samsung Galaxy S III > HTC One (T-Mobile)

svengalis
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6685 View Post

G2X
Well I think the Optimus G2x is one of the first phones to record in 1080p. If you are recording at the resolution if can fill up a little 8gb card in no time. I think a 10 min 1080p file is like 2gb.