OP jl1030

28th April 2011, 12:54 AM   |  #51  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 439

2,138 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexrbgh

Loving my Iconia as well, but GPS doesn't seem to work for me. Does it work for anyone? Oh and +1 for a dedicated forum!

Yes, however gps status seems not to work at all. Maps hits 10 meter accuracy.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
28th April 2011, 01:08 AM   |  #52  
Flag Havertown
Thanks Meter: 7

49 posts
More
Yeah I noticed that to. Don't know what's causing it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelflap

Anyone else having a problem with the Iconia Tab turning on every 15 minutes?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App
28th April 2011, 01:59 AM   |  #53  
Flag Phoenix, AZ - USA
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
Thanks for the suggestions I am intimately familiar with the Android application life cycle, I only mention the stopping of applications & airline mode for debugging / troubleshooting purposes.

After two wipes and it exhibiting the same extraordinarily slow behavior I am beginning to think it is specific to my device I am very curious though as I didn't have this issue within the first 24hours of having the tablet. Now it is happening right after boot, when I type it will stick on a key and use the alternate localized version of a letter, typing in general lags far behind input and I can consistently reproduce the effects without any additional installed software also with or without registering with a google account.

So hopefully I can swap out the tablet for a new one and see if I have less issues, anyway just wanted to given an update that wiping/factory reset had zero effect on my issue.

Double voting for a dedicated forum.
28th April 2011, 02:10 AM   |  #54  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 808

4,088 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monki-magic

yeah, having the same issue. I think it is something to do with wifi, performing a wake up.
haven't completly isolated issue, disabled wifi and didn't notice another wake up. Currently trying no wifi notifications and wifi off when screen off.

Getting heaps of fc from from quite a few apps and a few issues installing apps from the market (where it will not download for a while or not at all)

cheers

Aha! Was just on the same track. I have checked the option "when the screen turns off" under "Wi-Fi disconnect policy " and it seems that the problem has disappeared .
But yeah, maybe not. Let's hope so. I did check the log file but there are no log messages to work with.
28th April 2011, 03:08 AM   |  #55  
Flag south east
Thanks Meter: 0

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelflap

Aha! Was just on the same track. I have checked the option "when the screen turns off" under "Wi-Fi disconnect policy " and it seems that the problem has disappeared .
But yeah, maybe not. Let's hope so. I did check the log file but there are no log messages to work with.

Yes please add forum and what GPS doesn't work :(
28th April 2011, 05:09 AM   |  #56  
OP Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 3

95 posts
More
Something weird about my Tab lately, I can't seem to install apps from market, always say "installation of app unsuccessful", this happens when i try to update my apps too.

Anyone got the same problem? shall I wipe the tablet?
28th April 2011, 10:40 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 1

44 posts
+1 for a dedicated forum!!!!

please!
28th April 2011, 01:36 PM   |  #58  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 40

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl1030

Something weird about my Tab lately, I can't seem to install apps from market, always say "installation of app unsuccessful", this happens when i try to update my apps too.

Anyone got the same problem? shall I wipe the tablet?

Mate,

Have you tried clearing the Market Cache/Data from Settings/Applications/Manage applications?

Cheers
28th April 2011, 02:21 PM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 139

337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Guys, i've got my Iconia for a week now, but i can't find a good app to play 720p videos.
Any suggestion?
28th April 2011, 03:38 PM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
I've got the same issue of the tab waking up every 15 minutes, will try disabling wifi to see if it stops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Jedi

Guys, i've got my Iconia for a week now, but i can't find a good app to play 720p videos.
Any suggestion?

The integrated nemoplayer app has the best performance among the players I tried (rockplayer, standard android player, qq player) but it's not perfect.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread