Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

/system/build.prop tweaks

Tip us?

wmi543
Old
(Last edited by wmi543; 4th June 2012 at 08:31 PM.) Reason: update info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Exclamation /system/build.prop tweaks

I'm not responsible to any damage which is caused by applying any modification listed below to your phone.

Backup
If you made mistake to this file, you phone will not boot in gui, so you should always backup the file before you make any change to it. Just use any file manager to copy the file to your sd card or your pc.

Restore
If you have a Linux machine you can mount the /system partition while plugging in with the purple screen (vol up + vol down + power).
Easiest way: get Ubuntu, put your phone in purple screen, plug in with USB, you will see the system partition at your Ubuntu desktop.
The hard way: if the /system partition is no accessible under purple screen mode (such as in the latest 528 rom), you can use adb push the backup file back, search the web for details about how to use adb.

I'm digging the build.prop, some apps can do some of these tweaks for you, but I prefer typing myself. You need to reboot the phone to take effect.

1. windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=75
add this new line to make UI more responsive, the bigger the value the more responsive, I've tried 90, too fast, fall back to 75, still quite fast

2. ro.config.hw_menu_unlockscreen=false
change value from "false" to "true" to enable menu key unlocking screen

3. ro.sf.lcd_density=240
change to 225 to increase the resolution of display, as a result, the size of icon on home page and fonts of list (of file manager or contact) become smaller, the smaller the value the smaller size of icon and fonts

4. dalvik.vm.heapsize=24m
increase the value to 32m~48m to increase stability and performance, tested but doesn't see much effect so far
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmi543 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

admantium
Old
Thanks Meter 0
all so if you tried games like nova or brother in arms that have black screen or graphic probs do this they now all work
go to /system/build.prop and edit it to this then close and turn the phone off / on do a build.prop [B]DO A BUILD.PROP BACKUP FIRST ALLWAYS A MUST BEFOR PLAYING AROUND.
once the phone is on go to settings about phone model number and it will say Desire HD.
Then download games for the htc desire hd and it works.
if you want it back to standed just replace it with the backup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTC_png_thumb.jpg
Views:	2653
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	577313  

Old
Thanks Meter 9
i think the suggestions are great!
big thx!!!

ibnefahim
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the share

blup1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do I just change the name, where it says build.prop now?

admantium
Old
Thanks Meter 0
sorry there are still some games that wont work like brother in arms 2 and modern combat black pegasus but all the others work like
splinter cell
sandstorm
n.o.v.a.
and so on

admantium
Old
Thanks Meter 0
your phone hast to be rooted and use root explorer and go to
/system/build.prop and open and edit the text then reboot your phone

adrdsouza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
backed up the build.prop and made the changes. On restart it hangs on boot screen (huawei name and logo) I have to remove the battery to switch off. tried connecting to the PC to restore build.prop but it doesnt load the phone memory. Only launches the mobile partner autostart. Also tried updating by adding update.zip to sd card but says signature verification failed. Tried lading general update from huaweidevice.com onto dload directory on sd card, Just shows purple screen on booting with power, vol up and down. Please advice.

simplistian
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrdsouza View Post
backed up the build.prop and made the changes. On restart it hangs on boot screen (huawei name and logo) I have to remove the battery to switch off. tried connecting to the PC to restore build.prop but it doesnt load the phone memory. Only launches the mobile partner autostart. Also tried updating by adding update.zip to sd card but says signature verification failed. Tried lading general update from huaweidevice.com onto dload directory on sd card, Just shows purple screen on booting with power, vol up and down. Please advice.
If you have a Linux machine you can mount the /system partition while plugging in with the purple screen (vol up + vol down + power).

Easiest way: get Ubuntu, put your phone in purple screen, plug in with USB, you will see the system partition at your Ubuntu desktop.
Galaxy Nexus (i9250 maguro)
Huawei Ideos X5 (U8800H)
HTC Touch HD (T8282)

adrdsouza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you..a mate uses linux so went over and it worked like a charm. I hadn't put the 'm' at the end in 'dalvik.vm.heapsize=24m' but it is sorted now. Thanks again.

Tags
build.prop tweaks