XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

Tip us?

EgoistMusketeer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

Guys help! I tried going from CM7 to Royal Glacier last night and after the phone booted into the lock screen everything locked up and I had to take the battery out to restart it. Now I don't get past the My Touch 4G splash screen. I can access clockwork v3.0.2.4 but a bunch of E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log and command errors pop up, when I try to install reinstall the rom it says install successfull followed by the same errors and same problem. When I try to format cache or system it gives me an error as well. Please help!!

faux123
Old
Thanks Meter 32606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoistMusketeer View Post
Guys help! I tried going from CM7 to Royal Glacier last night and after the phone booted into the lock screen everything locked up and I had to take the battery out to restart it. Now I don't get past the My Touch 4G splash screen. I can access clockwork v3.0.2.4 but a bunch of E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log and command errors pop up, when I try to install reinstall the rom it says install successfull followed by the same errors and same problem. When I try to format cache or system it gives me an error as well. Please help!!
Do you have engineering boot loader installed? If yes, then you have a chance to recover from this. If not, then...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
How to report Kernel Bugs!
Newest GeekTalk
Fight against Trolls, up vote my threads back to normal (1 star was due to trolling) Thanks!
FauxClock FAQ

erickdj
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123 View Post
Do you have engineering boot loader installed? If yes, then you have a chance to recover from this. If not, then...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
exactly, if you got the engineering hboot the rumor is that there might be a fix, if not the your phone is done. however, since the phone has been out less than a year, you might convince HTC or T-mo to do a warranty exchange, try it, the worst thing they can say is "no".

EgoistMusketeer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Problem solved! I just put the PD15IMG on the root of my sd and booted the phone holding down volume and home. It recognized the update and installed. Now im back to unrooted stock.

TeeJay3800
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1599
Has anyone else noticed how often this has been happening lately? First the ROM won't boot, then the recovery image is corrupt. Without the engineering bootloader, there's almost nothing you can do. The ROM not booting is understandable for a number of reasons, but what causes the recovery to become corrupt?

TeeJay3800
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1599
To the OP, this person was in almost the same situation as you, but found a way out. See the second page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1047936

kermitthefrayer
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
I'm stuck as well tried flashing recovery from fastboot got the same errors and then tried flashing the full reset image from Hboot got and error on #1 bppatloadr "Fail-Pu"

djeddieone
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Man I had the same problem can't mount anything I can't restore a back Up nothing!

everest.deth
Old
(Last edited by everest.deth; 6th August 2011 at 06:50 PM.) Reason: Additional Information
Thanks Meter 163
Guys, anybody mind posting the PD15IMG on here please?

Also, can anybody tell me what drives this issue? I owned a MT4G and this issue never happened to me even though i was a crackflasher. Now a friend of mine bought one a couple of days ago, and he is getting this bunch of FCs and the same log errors on recovery.
Rule # 1 of crackflashers: Do not talk about the changelog

Devices:
HTC Glacier, CM7 and Faux's Kernel - Sold
LG - P999, CM7, Oclocked - Rooted - Sold
Samsung Captivate - Ice Cream Sandwich love
Motorola Atrix - CM7 Weekly #4m _Faux OC - Sold
B&N Acclaim - Alpha 0 CM9

If i Helped you, hit thanks

Follow me on Twitter Twitter or Google Plus

Tsassin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by djeddieone View Post
Man I had the same problem can't mount anything I can't restore a back Up nothing!
Having the same problem. Did you try to sending the image via flash_image system system?

Do you get the following error?

flash_image system system.img
Can't read device: "/dev/block/mmcblk0"
Error in reading mbr!

I wonder if there is a way to fix the MBR which would allow to format and then mount the partition?

Tags
cache, clockworkmod, error, partition