Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Theme compactable with Khalpower V4 GalaxyXT ROM

Tip us?

eSu.Matix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Default [Q] Theme compactable with Khalpower V4 GalaxyXT ROM

Since I saw some AMAZING themes but I was unable to install'em, I wanna ask if somebony is able to link some themes which are compactable with Khalpower's V4 GalaxtXT ROM, couse I tryed like 20-25 themes and from all only DarkFroyo V2 and 1 more works.
Thanks alot!
The Following User Says Thank You to eSu.Matix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vistaus
Old
Thanks Meter 66
The Honeycomb-theme works fine on V4 (except that you need to replace the keyboard with some keyboard from the Market, but that's the only bug there is).

3rdstring
Old
(Last edited by 3rdstring; 19th July 2012 at 09:15 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,081
Default Keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
The Honeycomb-theme works fine on V4 (except that you need to replace the keyboard with some keyboard from the Market, but that's the only bug there is).
Kahl has this one posted somewhere in one of his threads. It replaces the stock LatinIME.apk & works fine. Just copy the zip to openrecovery/updates boot into Open Recovery, appy the update, wipe the dalvik-cache & cache partitions & reboot.
Chuck

Nexus 5 / Stock
Kindle Fire HD
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdstring For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

donant14
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdstring View Post
Kahl has this one posted somewhere in one of his threads. It replaces the stock LatinIME.apk & works fine. Just copy the zip to openrecovery/updates boot into Open Recovery, appy the update, wipe the dalvik-cache & cache partitions & reboot.
When i try to apply the galaxyxtv4 theme update, it does not work! i still have the red theme and i dont know what to do anymore. Isnt that how one apply a theme? am i missing something?

3rdstring
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,081
I believe others had issues with that update too. If you're running the PersonaRedv4 I think you can just restore the system partition from KP full GalaxyXTv4 (nandroid restore) & wipe the dalvik-cache & cache partition & reboot.
Chuck

Nexus 5 / Stock
Kindle Fire HD
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdstring For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eSu.Matix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
I was wondering... if I install propper theme which works woth this rom but replace apps from other theme (and apps are more - 6 in compactable theme and about 20 in that one that I will replace with), so will it work as it works with bootanimation, couse if I keep the working theme but put difetent bootanimation it still works.

3rdstring
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,081
I'd give a guarded yes. If the filenames of the apps you want to replace match EXACTLY (e.g. maps.apk is not the same as Maps.apk) then they will be overwritten. If they don't match your best bet is probably to remove the apps you want to replace before installing the new ones. You will be limited as to the size of the system partition so adding files as system apps could be problematic but replacing one modded app with another should generally be OK. Another thing to note is (I think) not all apps can be installed as system apps. Note that it is always a good idea to do a nandroid backup before you try making the changes so (when) things go wrong (and they will ) you can get back to a functioning device as painlessly as possible.
Chuck

Nexus 5 / Stock
Kindle Fire HD

drx64
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Hi guys.

I'm looking for a working Gingerbread Theme for the V4XT rom.

Could you please help me?

Thanx in advance.

I was wondering if this one coud work? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=13

I was previously used it on my original 2.1 Rom and it was absolutely perfect.
Devices: Motorola Milestone XT720 / Nokia Lumia 800

c0mpufreak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have today tried to install many themes with the new khalpower v4.

Result was the follwing: I was able to get a decent outcome. Keyboard bug could be fixed but after a couple of theme flashes things started to get weired. First my gmail app stopped working.
After that I only got jibberish as fonts so that I was unable to change languages or anything else for that matter.

I'd very much appreciate ports for the new v4. Right now I'm using the fix described above. Thanks so much! Worked like a charm