Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] Fixing/Updating the HD2 kernel and missing code

Tip us?

charnsingh_online
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 855

DONATE TO ME
Ok I'll do it tomorrow n also maintain the list in the op
HTC One Developer Edition - InsertCoin
Samsung Galaxy Note -II - Stock
HTC One X White - Stock
HTC Evo 3D - Sprint
Mytouch4G - Rooted - Stock
HTC MAGIC 32A - Black
HD2 - CM
HTC G1 - CM
follow me on twitter @bhullarcharan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantandroid View Post
I cried when I lerned this phone i got from tmobile didnt have Android. Can sum1 help me get Android on my new G1 and then tel me how to jailbroke it please
The Following User Says Thank You to charnsingh_online For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blubster
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I may be wrong, but this thread is not supposed to become a bug fix request thread. It is aimed at developpers, so that they collaborate on a merging of HD2 specific stuff onto a cyanogen 2.6.37 kernel...

This would most likely result in the resolution of a lot of our issues, but in the mean time, [DEV] in the thread title means it is for devs only......
HTC HD2 : sold!

HTC Sensation : sold

HTC One X : CM10.1 RC1
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blubster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D4rk50ul
Old
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Keep this thread clean please.. there are only a select few devs who actually work on kernels around here. Let them use this as a way of communication to generate a complete kernel, then we can test it for bugs.

Very excited about the prospects of this, if you guys get a working kernel with all the new commits shoot it over and I'll test it out on one of my HD2's.
The Following User Says Thank You to D4rk50ul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dan1j3l
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 223
I looked pushed code and it's ok, at least for first few commits. But it needs some deep cleaning an optimization, also there is some bravo naming convention used in leo specific files. You should put this tree on gitorious so we can do more work on it, but anyway i will clone tree and do some cleaning and porting new stuff.
Follow dan1j3l on twitter
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dan1j3l For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

giorgio130
Old
Thanks Meter 30
This could be of interest, and not too much off-topic.
This kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=966786
is being abandoned and it had some patches for performance that I think are valuable. It had linpack scores that can be achieved only with heavy overclocks on other kernels... The problem is, the source is being distributed by a .zip, no commits, nothing... the only way to get those would be to issue a diff with... something :P and guess where they are. Staying on topic, I've already adapted cm-kernel for another device so I think I'll be able to help when I get enough free time to spare.
The Following User Says Thank You to giorgio130 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noellenchris
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk50ul View Post
Keep this thread clean please.. there are only a select few devs who actually work on kernels around here. Let them use this as a way of communication to generate a complete kernel, then we can test it for bugs.

Very excited about the prospects of this, if you guys get a working kernel with all the new commits shoot it over and I'll test it out on one of my HD2's.
Yes you are right. Unfortunately many threads like this one get's filled with off topic chatter, complaints etc. I will try to keep my eye on this thread so the dev's can communicate. If your not contributing to the DEV work on the HD2 kernel's, please don't post your wishes and thanks post as this will quickly clog up the thread. I'd hate to lose progress due to this. That's why many DEV's end up not using XDA and reverting to IRC only. Thanks

noellenchris

TMOUS Galaxy Note III Rooted Tweaked
Samsung Galaxy Gear 1 Null_23 Soon to have Android Wear Running
TMOUS Galaxy S4 Stock(Son's)
HP TouchPad CM9 Nightlies
-----------------------------------
T-Mobile HTC HD2 (I will keep this one till it dies!)
Cotulla's MAGLDR NAND w/CWM & CM10

[TMOUS Galaxy Note II][TMOUS Galaxy S III][TMOUS Galaxy S II][AT&T Fuze (Rafael)]
[Cingular(Refurb) 8525 (Hermes 100)][Sprint Vogue] [Cingular 8125 Wizard...gone now;(]

XDA Forum Rules

These phone's are addicting! The more tweaks/apps etc. I read about the more I have to cram into my phone! Can my phone overdose???
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to noellenchris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rasumia
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Hi,

Few days back there are some conversation about libsurfaceflinger.so for color banding issue http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1012278 . Since Rom is changing continuesly with libs can we port the change for color issue.

HD2 GB-2.33-SENSE-2.1 LOCKSCREEN SENSE-3
Samsung Galaxy S3 International
Base Firmware: I9300XXBLG8 (4.0.4) Waiting for Sense 4

HTC HD2 EU
Android 2.3.3 sense 2.1 (Still working good) Waiting for Sense 4

Thanks is enough if you like my post

g30rg10u
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytung View Post
It's better to start/clone from pure CM 2.6.37 kernel, then add new commits when adding any new functions.

Would you please add a new commit when adding a new function?
Otherwise, it's very easy to lost the way in the source code.

A commit "Update some board files" doesn't tell the whole story. I want to know why to change.
Comparing the source code manually and guessing its function is not convenient for any kernel devs.
For me, I won't add any code in my 2.6.32 kernel until I know the meaning of the changes of the source code.
Thanks.
tytung, has any1 of you done so? please let us know..
Apple iPhone 2G -> HTC HD2 -> HTC One X

tytung
Old
Thanks Meter 15055
Quote:
Originally Posted by g30rg10u View Post
tytung, has any1 of you done so? please let us know..
No, I didn't work on 2.6.37 kernel so far.
I didn't see that charnsingh_online added a TODO list in the OP.

charnsingh_online
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 855

DONATE TO ME
Fried my laptop charger. New one on way. Hd2 arrived
HTC One Developer Edition - InsertCoin
Samsung Galaxy Note -II - Stock
HTC One X White - Stock
HTC Evo 3D - Sprint
Mytouch4G - Rooted - Stock
HTC MAGIC 32A - Black
HD2 - CM
HTC G1 - CM
follow me on twitter @bhullarcharan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantandroid View Post
I cried when I lerned this phone i got from tmobile didnt have Android. Can sum1 help me get Android on my new G1 and then tel me how to jailbroke it please

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charnsingh_online For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]