25th April 2011, 09:59 PM   |  #11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Amritsar
Thanks Meter: 859

1,168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok I'll do it tomorrow n also maintain the list in the op
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charnsingh_online For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2011, 07:14 PM   |  #12  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 22

262 posts
More
I may be wrong, but this thread is not supposed to become a bug fix request thread. It is aimed at developpers, so that they collaborate on a merging of HD2 specific stuff onto a cyanogen 2.6.37 kernel...

This would most likely result in the resolution of a lot of our issues, but in the mean time, [DEV] in the thread title means it is for devs only......
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blubster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2011, 07:55 AM   |  #13  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 119

565 posts
Donate to Me
More
Keep this thread clean please.. there are only a select few devs who actually work on kernels around here. Let them use this as a way of communication to generate a complete kernel, then we can test it for bugs.

Very excited about the prospects of this, if you guys get a working kernel with all the new commits shoot it over and I'll test it out on one of my HD2's.
The Following User Says Thank You to D4rk50ul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2011, 12:01 PM   |  #14  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 223

81 posts
More
Thumbs up
I looked pushed code and it's ok, at least for first few commits. But it needs some deep cleaning an optimization, also there is some bravo naming convention used in leo specific files. You should put this tree on gitorious so we can do more work on it, but anyway i will clone tree and do some cleaning and porting new stuff.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dan1j3l For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2011, 10:09 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 31

105 posts
This could be of interest, and not too much off-topic.
This kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=966786
is being abandoned and it had some patches for performance that I think are valuable. It had linpack scores that can be achieved only with heavy overclocks on other kernels... The problem is, the source is being distributed by a .zip, no commits, nothing... the only way to get those would be to issue a diff with... something :P and guess where they are. Staying on topic, I've already adapted cm-kernel for another device so I think I'll be able to help when I get enough free time to spare.
The Following User Says Thank You to giorgio130 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2011, 11:37 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Marlton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 830

2,507 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk50ul

Keep this thread clean please.. there are only a select few devs who actually work on kernels around here. Let them use this as a way of communication to generate a complete kernel, then we can test it for bugs.

Very excited about the prospects of this, if you guys get a working kernel with all the new commits shoot it over and I'll test it out on one of my HD2's.

Yes you are right. Unfortunately many threads like this one get's filled with off topic chatter, complaints etc. I will try to keep my eye on this thread so the dev's can communicate. If your not contributing to the DEV work on the HD2 kernel's, please don't post your wishes and thanks post as this will quickly clog up the thread. I'd hate to lose progress due to this. That's why many DEV's end up not using XDA and reverting to IRC only. Thanks

noellenchris
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to noellenchris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2011, 01:42 PM   |  #17  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 39

422 posts
More
Hi,

Few days back there are some conversation about libsurfaceflinger.so for color banding issue http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1012278 . Since Rom is changing continuesly with libs can we port the change for color issue.

HD2 GB-2.33-SENSE-2.1 LOCKSCREEN SENSE-3
30th April 2011, 11:44 PM   |  #18  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 12

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytung

It's better to start/clone from pure CM 2.6.37 kernel, then add new commits when adding any new functions.

Would you please add a new commit when adding a new function?
Otherwise, it's very easy to lost the way in the source code.

A commit "Update some board files" doesn't tell the whole story. I want to know why to change.
Comparing the source code manually and guessing its function is not convenient for any kernel devs.
For me, I won't add any code in my 2.6.32 kernel until I know the meaning of the changes of the source code.
Thanks.

tytung, has any1 of you done so? please let us know..
1st May 2011, 09:22 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 15,071

3,574 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g30rg10u

tytung, has any1 of you done so? please let us know..

No, I didn't work on 2.6.37 kernel so far.
I didn't see that charnsingh_online added a TODO list in the OP.
1st May 2011, 07:04 PM   |  #20  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Amritsar
Thanks Meter: 859

1,168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Fried my laptop charger. New one on way. Hd2 arrived

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charnsingh_online For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread