1st May 2011, 08:28 PM   |  #21  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 12

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charnsingh_online

Fried my laptop charger. New one on way. Hd2 arrived

hey charn, any luck with the descriptions of the code committed for the microp?
2nd May 2011, 09:33 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 68

1,834 posts
anyone experienced the bugs with animated weather pro (slow animation) and the bug that when i connect from off the hd2 to pc, can't activate usb mode?
i hope that someone will fix these in next kernel version
2nd May 2011, 11:19 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Marlton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 814

2,498 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsolidsnake86

anyone experienced the bugs with animated weather pro (slow animation) and the bug that when i connect from off the hd2 to pc, can't activate usb mode?
i hope that someone will fix these in next kernel version

These are not Kernel dev issues. They are specific to the android build your using. I don't have those issues, as I use another build. Please, if your not a kernel Dev, don't post your bugs unless your sure that all HD2 builds have the issue due to the Kernel or lib files. Like I've already stated, if you do post bugs here after not reading the 1st post or my warnings, I will delete your post. If you continue to post and spam the thread, I will infract for spamming/trolling. I'm not trying to be a hammer, just trying to help the Dev's have a productive thread here on XDA, focused on the HD2 Kernel developement.

Thanks
noellenchris
XDA HD2 Moderator

EDIT: DELETED 14 MORE OFF TOPIC POST AGAIN. IF YOU HAVE AN ANDROID BUG PLEASE POST IN THE GENERAL & QUESTIONS IN A NEW THREAD OR POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD ON THE TOPIC. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR BUGS TO BE REPORTED, IT'S A CALL FOR DEV'S TO SHARE/COMBINE EFFORTS TO IMPROVE THE OVERALL KERNEL/BASE ROM. THEY ARE AWARE OF MANY OF THE ISSUES. THANKS.
Last edited by noellenchris; 6th May 2011 at 11:35 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to noellenchris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2011, 04:31 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 16

282 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousGeorge

Issue report: 100% CPU use, battery drain, and laggy system after a long period of time when overclocked with a large scaling range.

See here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9733

If the number of possible speed settings is too high, a ROM which uses the default buffer sizes for processStats.TIME_IN_STATE would overflow after a long period of use, causing the above problem which will only stabilize after reboot (or the file is made unreadable). Users who overclock with a dynamic governor in the range of 245-1536Mhz, for instance, would experience unbelievable device lag and battery drain after a certain amount of time when the logfile overflows (occurs with most sense roms). The patch increases the buffer size and fixes this problem.

Users who don't overclock, or overclock for only a small amount of time, reboot frequently, or otherwise limit the range of speeds to which their device can scale will not experience this issue. After a number of days on 245-1536 interactive, however, most non-CM ROMs using this kernel will experience a crippling scenario in which the size of the speed and time_in_state logfile exceeds the buffer size of the i/o process (on a word fault), causing the system to occupy almost 100% of the CPU in a fruitless read-fail loop and forcing a reboot to restore device functionality.

From the kernel side, a simple fix is to eliminate some (many) of the speed steps. Certainly many settings in the range of 245-998 can be weeded out, as can many of the trivial steps afterward.

Also, what about the new BT stack patches? Have they already been committed? Thanks like always,
CG

I know this is a problem with the Rafpigna kernels.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyham89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2011, 09:26 PM   |  #25  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 80

2,959 posts
More
Please lets stop posting in here, we are only slowing down the real progress of kernel & code work for our beloved HD2s. They can fix the smaller issues later once they get rid of the bigger ones.
7th May 2011, 01:45 AM   |  #26  
Flag Herblay

93 posts
More
Hi Charan,
I'm very interested in your project and i'd like to know more !
Can we build a "working" kernel from your current sources at CM ? (from 22 April)
Do you have a "log" of what is working with this new kernel and issues ?
I want to learn and help !
Mods have made this post sticky, so we need to work to have a working .37 kernel

Noellenchris, please delete my post if i'm off topic !
7th May 2011, 01:11 PM   |  #27  
Flag Nicosia

198 posts
More
it seems that more than 3 devs expect a response from charan who started with passion but seems that is not in his priorities anymore.

@Charan, you said that you will elaborate on the descriptions, start working on the kernel once the hd2 is with you, and provide more information.

What happened?
7th May 2011, 05:01 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 10

66 posts
I would like to help out, I know how to compile the kernel for the sd card. How are the command line arguments fed to the kernel on nand? On a pc during boot up you can give the CLI argument via grub. How does it work with MAGLDR? I think there is a variable that tells the kernel if it is nand boot how do you feed it into a nand boot?
Also when running logcat for things like 720p I know there are some errors coming out of the qcomm encoder are there any docs for those proprietary files?
8th May 2011, 09:53 PM   |  #29  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Amritsar
Thanks Meter: 859

1,168 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am waiting on a charger for my laptop, moreover i have a college admission exam on June 8 which obviously will be my top most proirity seeing my life depends on the exams. After June 8 i will be back on this project. Just wait for a month, I have some local changes that i cant commit so .37 kernel will take around 15 days to port
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to charnsingh_online For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2011, 08:21 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 421

603 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charnsingh_online

I am waiting on a charger for my laptop, moreover i have a college admission exam on June 8 which obviously will be my top most proirity seeing my life depends on the exams. After June 8 i will be back on this project. Just wait for a month, I have some local changes that i cant commit so .37 kernel will take around 15 days to port

it's ok, take your time

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread