Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restore to stock before 1.2.0 update

Tip us?

bugeyed1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Restore to stock before 1.2.0 update

Sorry if this is available here, but I am not having much luck with the instructions that I tried.
I have an auto-nootered 3.0 NC & want to return to stock in order to apply the 1.2.0 update. ( I run CM7 from SD when I want to really have fun) I tried the 8 fail boots & ended up in a boot loop to CWM recovery. What is my easiest (non-ADB) method to get this thing back to 1.1 stock? Again, I apologize if this is right in front of me, but most of the relative threads that I found are very old.

Thanks,
kev

petey00
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I followed this thread to first remove CWR

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914690

followed by instructions here to restore to stock

http://nookdevs.com/Flash_back_to_clean_stock_ROM

and lastly to side load the 1.2 update.

Cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petey00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmgazer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had to restore to 1.1.0 after autonooter 3.0 by erase and dereg., then 8 starts; 1.2.0 then installed fine.

Jim

UnderDaHill
Old
(Last edited by UnderDaHill; 25th April 2011 at 07:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
For those of us that do NOT have CWM (ClockWorkMod) recovery installed on eMMC, but do have CM7 installed to eMMC, can we use the 8 boot trick to reset our nooks to stock?

I'm running CM7 on my eMMC that I installed using the "CWM on SD" technique. My Nook stopped booting last night after midnight. Since I did not change anything with the OS and had rebooted a couple times earlier in the day, I'm ASSUMING that the 1.2 update came down automagically via wifi late last night, and was unable to complete install when rebooting. I did not see any prompts or input from the Nook during use or on reboot that would have indicated that and update had been received and/or applied.

Also, I was under the impression that the 8 boot reset pulls the software off a chip that has the OS "cooked" into. Is that correct? If not, wouldn't an eMMC install of CM7 remove any chance of the 8 boot reset being successful?

EDIT: just read the linked instructions above. I'll give that a shot tonight.

chinly43
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Anyone have any ideas here - I successfully removed CWM from my NC, then did the eight boot interrupts, and the stock software reload thing seemed to go okay. When I try to reset data by holding down power+n, nothing happens. It turns on, but then right back off. If I try to boot without holding n, it stalls on the "n" screen.

Any thoughts?

GorillaPimp
Old
(Last edited by GorillaPimp; 26th April 2011 at 12:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 118
Flashed again with cwm up to 1.0.1 and I can't update to 1.2 or 1.1 via internal memory or sd. I changed file names and verified checksums and they are accurate and still no dice. WTF

edit:-----------
Weird. After an erase and deregister 1.1 and 1.2 finally went through. Something must have not been in the right state without that.

So if you're getting stuck do both methods in Part 2 of http://nookdevs.com/Flash_back_to_clean_stock_ROM

zentsang
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Same issue as others

Yeah... same issue here. Was running 1.0.1 rooted (no SD method). I did not have CWM Recovery installed in eMMC but did make an 8GB SD CWM Recovery.

So after the failed push update from B&N ... I now have the boot loop issue. My guess is their update failed because of some root thing I had in place. Not installing CWM Recovery to eMMC was my biggest issue because at least that would have blocked the automatic update from B&N.

At any rate... I've tried multiple time to recover and now find myself going back to unrooted stock just so I can get the B&N working again.

My wife is gonna kill me if I can't get this thing working again soon. The new magazine issue of "US" is about to come out. =)

japzone
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Everybody calm down and just follow the Instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931720

[HOW-TO] : Restore Nook Color back to stock EASILY!

That should fix your Nook no matter what you did to it.
__________________________________________________ __
Sent from NookColor CM7 using Tapatalk

cameraz
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
=japzone;That should fix your Nook no matter what you did to it.

Yes, that works, but that restores the Nook back to 1.0.1. How does one then get it back to 1.1.0?

I followed the same procedure using the 1.1.0 firmware, but it refuses to work.

Anybody know how I can get back to 1.1.0?

Thanks.

Midnitte
Old
Thanks Meter 46
assuming you have cwr, have you tried this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1050520

I'm about to try it now since I fail at ADB and rebooting apparently...