Does the top half of your phone get hot with light usage?

Search This thread

erikiksaz

Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
I just noticed that after about 5-10 mins of just surfing the internet (wifi or 3g), the top half of my phone gets pretty warm. The source of the heat isn't from the screen, but from the actual innards of the phone in the half that's above the battery.

The phone isn't plugged in either.

I'm considering getting an exchange if others aren't having this issue.

KnitGnosis

Apr 25, 2011
I just noticed that after about 5-10 mins of just surfing the internet (wifi or 3g), the top half of my phone gets pretty warm. The source of the heat isn't from the screen, but from the actual innards of the phone in the half that's above the battery.

The phone isn't plugged in either.

I'm considering getting an exchange if others aren't having this issue.

Yes I've noticed the phone does get quite warm. It doesn't seem like there are any openings for heat to escape from inside and with as much power as this thing has it wouldn't have hurt to have some opening for air flow.

cyberchuck9000

Sep 18, 2009
Not really. One thing I noticed is that my phone doesn't get hot even when playing games while plugged in.

On the other hand, my Nexus One would get REALLY hot when charging and using Navigation at the same time.

DeezNotes

Apr 14, 2010
Baltimore
Mine gets a little warm during certain app usage. Not site which one causes it.

Its warm now and I was on Facebook, Firefox, xda and I have tune in radio streaming.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

erikiksaz

Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
Not really. One thing I noticed is that my phone doesn't get hot even when playing games while plugged in.

On the other hand, my Nexus One would get REALLY hot when charging and using Navigation at the same time.

I had an N1 too. If I were to rate the N1's temperature as 100 points, my G2x gets to about 80 points on the same scale. But the only time my N1 would get that hot is if I was busy navigating GPS while charging. My G2x gets hot with me surfing in the shade, without charging.

So I guess I should exchange this sumbitch.