Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATE ZIP] Stock 1.2 update.zip flashable from CWM

Tip us?

ADude
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyGrant View Post
Well in that case it looks like the new update may have bluetooth, just not activated. But the updated kernel should be good for cm and nookie froyo as well.

edit: from previous googleapps installers it looks like I need a modded framework.jar. If Decadence or anyone else could help me with this would be forever grateful.
Frankly, you are in the wrong thread.

You need to start a "NOOKcolor Stock Froyo Rooting Development Thread".

The things you are doing, are obviously good, but you are going to confuse people who are looking to get their Nook back to stock using the files in the first post.

(When you asked Nemith to use it as a base, I assumed you meant his files, not his thread-for-newbie-types.)

fpga_guy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
(When you asked Nemith to use it as a base, I assumed you meant his files, not his thread-for-newbie-types.)
Slightly off the subject but if Nemith is Evi Nemeth, then it should be "her" files, not "his" file.

randroid123
Old
Thanks Meter 6
back on the subject... trying to get back to my CM7 nandroid but cant remember how to boot into recovery from stock :-/ Is it hold the nook button with power or the volume up???

randroid123
Old
Thanks Meter 6
got it nevermind

thechrisventura
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras_ View Post
I'd like to modify this so it just installs to my dual boot partition.

I've done this before with flashing kernels, but there are more partitions here to take care of.

I figure if I'm going to change the updater script to mount the correct block partitions then I should also have it wipe /data and /cache on the secondary partition.

Any ideas on syntax?

sassafras
Any progress on this? I want it to install on my dual boot partition too. i already have stock eclair on it, and it'd be so nice to just flash a zip to update it.

elessarelfstar
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I used the zip to restore back to 1.2 stock, but before I did that I did this:

1. Used root explorer to copy a bunch of apks I used very frequently to my sd card (including launcherpro)
2. Dropped those apks into the system/app of the 1.2 update zip
3. Installed the zip
4. booted and went through setup, choose default launcher until everything settled
5. pressed home and selected launcherpro as my default

Now I'm running unrooted 1.2 with launcherpro, kindle, words with friends, ReadItLater, SpringPad, Due Today, and Advanced Task Manager (No, I don't use it regularly at all -- just for very specific cases).

I did try Audible and Opera Mini, but both of them crashed back to the Launcher when starting.

This worked for me for the time being. YMMV.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elessarelfstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidukfl
Old
Thanks Meter 200
A pre-rooted 1.2 update zip with market and stuff installed would be sweet. Ill definitely be keeping eye out on this thread
Nexus 5 - T-Mobile

MyColorScreen.comMinus One Designs

RileyGrant
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
Frankly, you are in the wrong thread.

You need to start a "NOOKcolor Stock Froyo Rooting Development Thread".

The things you are doing, are obviously good, but you are going to confuse people who are looking to get their Nook back to stock using the files in the first post.

My bad. (:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Canadoc
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessarelfstar View Post
I used the zip to restore back to 1.2 stock, but before I did that I did this:

1. Used root explorer to copy a bunch of apks I used very frequently to my sd card (including launcherpro)
2. Dropped those apks into the system/app of the 1.2 update zip
3. Installed the zip
4. booted and went through setup, choose default launcher until everything settled
5. pressed home and selected launcherpro as my default

Now I'm running unrooted 1.2 with launcherpro, kindle, words with friends, ReadItLater, SpringPad, Due Today, and Advanced Task Manager (No, I don't use it regularly at all -- just for very specific cases).

I did try Audible and Opera Mini, but both of them crashed back to the Launcher when starting.

This worked for me for the time being. YMMV.
could you explain how you unzipped and rezipped the file with the added apk?
Also am a mac user can i do that on the mac?

RileyGrant
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc View Post
could you explain how you unzipped and rezipped the file with the added apk?
Also am a mac user can i do that on the mac?
Go into system/app or data/app and copy the apps you use frequently from your current setup using root explorer. Download one of the ROMs in the beginning of this thread, open it up with winrar or archive manager if your on ubuntu (you should really try it, nothing beats ubuntu) place the apks into /system/app (or if your tricky /data/app and update the updater script, actually it might be /media on the nook, not sure.) install the zip from clockwork and boot up. Make sure you have an alternate launcher however, seeing as the apps you add in wont appear in your extras drawer on the stock launcher.

The Following User Says Thank You to RileyGrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]