Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Porting i9000 gingerbread to i9003

Tip us?

bala_gamer
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6528

DONATE TO ME
Default Porting i9000 gingerbread to i9003

Hi all , as the title says is there any way to port gingerbread to i9003?

What are all the changes that have to be done in the gingerbread rom to make it work with i9003?
Can we take the drivers for i9000 from its original firmware and merge it with gingerbread.

I know if we flash the wrong firmware it wont go past the samsung logo. But what is making it to stop there??
1.Hardware Drivers?.
2.Phone model conflict.?

Post your ideas and opinions.....
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73

ross_ctr
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I don't think it would be possible, not without ALOT of work anyway. I think I remember 'curio tweeting about it having completely different hardware, although I could well be wrong...

bala_gamer
Old
Thanks Meter 6528

DONATE TO ME
Curio only said that the audio hadware is different. Why cant we remove the drivers of i9000 from that gingerbread rom and replace it with i9003 drivers. May be it is easy to say but hard to achieve, i want to take some initial steps towards it...

Any guidance from developers will be helpful
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

sgsI9003
Old
Thanks Meter 172
We need some experienced developers to start this or else wait for official version from samsung.
Samsung galaxy i9003, ZCKPL GB 2.3.6, call recording working perfectly on this stock rom
CAR BLUETOOTH is buggy on all GB roms Car BT ask permission to access phone book every time, if given access it hangs.
Pressing the thanks button is better than saying thanks.

runedrune
Old
Thanks Meter 2297
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_gamer View Post
Curio only said that the audio hadware is different. Why cant we remove the drivers of i9000 from that gingerbread rom and replace it with i9003 drivers. May be it is easy to say but hard to achieve, i want to take some initial steps towards it...

Any guidance from developers will be helpful
not just that. you guys have a different cpu/gpu too.
[Device] Google Nexus 5 [Memory] 32GB [Rom] ParanoidAndroid [Kernel] Stock [Modem] 1.0.25.0.23 [Launcher] Stock [Theme] Stock [Font] Stock

[Device] Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen [Memory] 32GB [Rom] Stock KitKat [Kernel] Stock [Launcher] Stock [Theme] Stock [Font] Stock

Sony Ericsson W810i -> Samsung Galaxy S i9000 -> Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 -> Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 -> Google Nexus 5

Nexus 7 -> Nexus 7 2nd Gen

My Apps: Konvertr

bala_gamer
Old
Thanks Meter 6528

DONATE TO ME
Ya the CPU/GPU/CHIPSET/AUDIO are different, but we have all the required drivers and files in the i9003 original rom file. WHy cant we replace those in the gingerbread rom. I may be wrong , but its not at all impossible.

alcurtis93
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
You make it sound so easy. You can't just replace the drivers with i9003 ones without editing the software to be compatible with the new drivers. Just wait for gingerbread

Galaxy S - no point in writing rom or kernel constantly changing!
GT-I9000
AOKP
Semaphore Kernel

(Currently testing Jelly Bean .... WOW!!)

falex007
Old
Thanks Meter 229
The linux kernel in Gingerbread is different. That's why drivers from old kernel can be incompatible. Also we don't have sources to compile new drivers.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

trip007in
Old
Thanks Meter 643
None of the developers are interested in this phone. In spite of consistent requests we have not been provided a separate section at XDA. Either Admin does not like this phone or they are waiting for some developer to take initiative. Even the cheapest phone has a development thread within a short period of its release. May be its a fate of I9003 users.
GIONEE ELIFE E3 | CWM 6.0.3.3 | MY OWN ROM 4.2.1 |
NOTE 2/ SG-N7100 Omega v12 ●►Jelly Bean 4.1.2[/COLOR]
MOTOROLA XOOM 3G UMTS_EVEREST/ MZ601 MY ROM DREAMCWLI-4.2.1 for UMTS EVEREST
MY WORK
(CWM recovery) GIONEE ELIFE E3 CLOCKWORKMOD v6.0.2.8
I Dont have these device anymore
SAMSUNG SGSL(GT-I9003)| GB-DDLF2|Root|Odexed|-
SAMSUNG SPICA(GT-I5700)| ANDROID 2.1

bekh
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think that all because the phone is available in specific countriea bot widly spread

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium App
Samsung Galaxy SL I9003
GB XXKPQ