Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

[Q] trying to tether my Transformer to HTC hero

OP seshmaru

26th April 2011, 08:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 356

1,251 posts
trying to share my HTC heros connection with my transformer but it isn't working. Neither bluetooth or wifi.
Running 2.1 by the way.

Another option is if someone gives me a guide to set up internet sharing from windows 7, which I cannot find for the life of me.
26th April 2011, 09:31 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

1,251 posts
no one? ):
26th April 2011, 09:35 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

100 posts
Google bridge connections on win 7. I'm not telling you how to do it. You have to do some of the work yourself :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
26th April 2011, 09:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

1,251 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blader3759

Google bridge connections on win 7. I'm not telling you how to do it. You have to do some of the work yourself :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

googled that before, I can find PC to PC and mostly for windows XP, but nothing on how to create a bluetooth bridge to the transformer ):
26th April 2011, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 129

720 posts
More
Your hero is rooted right? Mine tethers over Bluetooth fine using 'wireless tether for root users'.
26th April 2011, 10:01 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Running rooted 2.3.3 on the hero, the updated transformer cant see airshare adhoc network. Wirelessteather also failed in the same way.

Wirelessteather does work with bluetooth.
26th April 2011, 10:37 PM   |  #7  
Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 156

1,330 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshmaru

trying to share my HTC heros connection with my transformer but it isn't working. Neither bluetooth or wifi.
Running 2.1 by the way.

Another option is if someone gives me a guide to set up internet sharing from windows 7, which I cannot find for the life of me.

can you tether your hero to your laptop? does your phone's wifi hotspot work? it is disabled from some carriers
26th April 2011, 10:41 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

1,251 posts
wifi hotspot doesnt work but, I've flashed froydvillain (2.2) and gonna give bluetooth tether a try. And nice to see some hero users in here.
30th April 2011, 10:16 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshmaru

Running 2.1 by the way.

Did you have any success in the end?

My Transformer's just arrived, and I'd like to tether to my rooted Hero, but can't figure it out.

If I choose WiFi mode, the Transformer can't see the Hero in the list of WiFi networks.

If I choose Bluetooth mode, I can pair the devices, but then what? How to I create the network connection? In Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Tethering & portable hotspot I turned on Bluetooth tethering, but it's not clear to me if that's to allow the Transformer to be the hotspot (i.e. server instead of client).

(Running VillainROM v13 on my Hero)
Last edited by davedontmind; 30th April 2011 at 10:26 AM.
30th April 2011, 04:17 PM   |  #10  
Flag Mobile, AL
Thanks Meter: 11

326 posts
More
This has been a problem for many of us....it has been discussed in a few other threads also. Honeycomb (by default) won't connect to adhoc wifi networks.

I will donate to anyone who can create a hassle-free turnkey solution for this. Many of us have Android phones that are rooted, so a solution would benefit many. And I am using a Tilt 2, whose Android ROMs do not support BT. So this tethering solution needs to support wifi.

Sent from my Tilt 2 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread