Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data throttling removed

Tip us?

catalystcorp
Old
(Last edited by catalystcorp; 27th April 2011 at 01:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Smile Data throttling removed

Update with paulobrein G2X pre-dexopt patch

OK. I did not originally create this, however I did the mod on other phones.
I have attached a file for the ones like me where 5 gigs of unlimited (oxymoron) data is not quite enough. I can not get CW to work with mount/data, so I went with this method :

1. DO A BACKUP FIRST!!!(The first time I did this I went in to never ending boot loop!

2. Download file, extract it, and place it on your SD or Internal memory. (Just remember where you put it.)

3. Go to settings, Wireless & networks, mobile networks and check everything except "Use only 2G networks". (When you do this you will not be able to access this again.)

4. You must have Root Explorer installed.

5. Open Root Explorer and go to the service file you downloaded. Hold down over it and select copy.

6. Now go to system/framework, click Mount R/O and select paste. Select yes to overwrite the file.

7. Close out of everything and go to Rom Manager and select "Fix Permissions".

8. Reboot and you should be good to go.

Proof for all the skeptics. Look at the download speed, time and battery %:

ONLY USE THIS WITH THE STOCK ROM!!!Attachment 579089
Attached Files
File Type: rar services with paulobrien fix.rar - [Click for QR Code] (666.0 KB, 5400 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catalystcorp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joackie27
Old
Thanks Meter 32
The G2X pre-dexopt patch (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1051616) posted by paulobrien which fixes lags utilizes the services.jar as well. Did you edit that services.jar file or the stock one?
“Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.” - Albert Einstein

catalystcorp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
The stock one. Did paulobrien edit the services.jar? If not the only files removed were the 7 throttle files, so it should work together. At least mine does. I loaded his after I fixed mine.

KRAZYADROIDMASTER
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Question What does this do???

WHAT DOES THIS DO???

I am new to posting but been a long time reader.
waiting for my new phone to get here tommorrow and I am actually off from work tommorrow so I have a long time to get to know my new phone.
Upgrading from a rooted G1
The Following User Says Thank You to KRAZYADROIDMASTER For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joackie27
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Why don't you edit the services.jar that he uploaded and then post it here? That way, the services.jar you have here will have the G2X pre-dexopt patch as well as the data throttling removed.
“Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.” - Albert Einstein

catalystcorp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
OK, give me a while I will.

jlevy73
Old
Thanks Meter 1,299
So how exactly does this prevent TMO from receiving data info from your device? Does this block the IMEI? I ask because I know a lot of people who've tried and failed in bypassing TMO's ability to throttle your device.

MWBehr
Old
Thanks Meter 368

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
So how exactly does this prevent TMO from receiving data info from your device? Does this block the IMEI? I ask because I know a lot of people who've tried and failed in bypassing TMO's ability to throttle your device.
I thought back when this came up in the Vibrant forums that it didn't affect the communication with T-Mobile, it just removed the software command to the phone to throttle down. I could be dead wrong however. I do most of my online work while on wifi, so I've never had a need for this.
Like my work? Buy me some

Glasstopia Projects: Nexus 7 | CM9/AOKP | Vibrant
Currently Running: 3 different roms a day....if you need to get ahold of me, send a pigeon

catalystcorp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
OK Has been fixed with paulobrein G2X pre-dexopt patch!

catalystcorp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
I can say it works! My wife has over 9gigs on her phone now. T-mobile sends you the text that they are slowing you down, however there are 7 files in the service jar that are used to activate this.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe