5,606,095 Members 42,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] PRIME! v1.6r2 | HC31 | Fast | Rooted | HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716

Tip us?

browngeek
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I was able to install 1.5 over 1.4 without any problems and everything seems to be running fine.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA Premium App

tcpsyn
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by case0 View Post
Has anyone made a systemui.apk with stock buttons for prime 1.5? I can't believe anyone would want the asus ones they look so bad!
I like them better, but they're too bright. Way too bright.

Digiguest
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~David View Post
Read again. Almost everyone experiencing issues are using alternate kernels. Stick to the packaged kernel and you should be good.

Issues with AdFree are caused by the app, not the ROM.
YOU read again. I am not concerned with adfree. Figure it out yourselves.....I am not gonna spell it out for you.

Kids today......

netsee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibMcFragger View Post
What kind of lag? Its been running fine since I installed it (with no reboots).

Sent from my Netformer overclocked Prime Transformer.
seems that the problem is with cpu master. it stuck at 216mhz when it came out of standby. i switched to setcpu and so far so good.

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1708
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsee View Post
seems that the problem is with cpu master. it stuck at 216mhz when it came out of standby. i switched to setcpu and so far so good.
That's why never set it to low when it's sleeping. to slow to wake up. I learned this from my phone's behavior with set cpu

giank30
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Had an occasional Reboot overnight, but maybe because I didn't wipe the caches... now I did it, so hope everything will be fine ;)

Great ROM! :)

evert
Old
Thanks Meter 2
PRIME! v1.4 is looking brilliant! When can the nvflash version of PRIME! v1.5 be expected? I want to enhance the brilliance! ;)
Regards,
Evert

NeoStuey
Old
Thanks Meter 7
From what I've witnessed with my own transformer it is by itself dropping the clock to 216 MHz in screen off mode, that's even with only one profile set at min/max 1.504 Ghz. I have looked for and seen this many times over using any of no frills CPU control, CPU master and setcpu. The only one of the 3 not requiring any manual intervention is setcpu if you set a screen off and a default profile, it doesn't then matter if I set the screen off to 216 min/max as it wouldn't lag coming out of standby. CPU master would sometimes fail to load the default profile back in and no frills doesn't have them anyway. But no frills remains my chosen CPU control as it behaves better for me at higher clocks when playing mp4s with the stock player.

I tested this idea out letting the screen time out with no apps running. Repeated it this time manually turning off the screen. Then did the same with a film mid stream using a manual screen off and the lag is so very noticeable when no profile loads on screen on.

There was off course an exception and that was when the transformer was being charged from the mains. When that was the case it didn't lag coming out of standby which would indicate to me that it stayed on the profile and didn't drop to 216 min/max which must be some sort of battery saving feature hidden away somewhere?

Can someone confirm this?

Sent from my MIUI HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium App

frosty5689
Old
(Last edited by frosty5689; 28th June 2011 at 08:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by evert View Post
PRIME! v1.4 is looking brilliant! When can the nvflash version of PRIME! v1.5 be expected? I want to enhance the brilliance! ;)
Why? Just boot into CWM using shutdown menu (assuming you flashed Prime 1.4 WW with nvflash), there is an recovery option. It'll boot you into CWM and you just flash the Prime 1.5 zip stored on your MicroSD. Using nvflash will wipe all your data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpsyn View Post
I like them better, but they're too bright. Way too bright.
It is definitely a habit sort of thing, people who used Xoom will always prefer the stock icons. When I tried using the blue icons, it grossed me out and felt out of touch with the rest of the white text, switched back to ASUS icons within 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiguest View Post
YOU read again. I am not concerned with adfree. Figure it out yourselves.....I am not gonna spell it out for you.

Kids today......
What kids? Don't just go around assuming someone is a kid without basis, that makes you a kid yourself. If you don't quote anything when making replies, it is logical for people to assume you're refering to adfree not working since the replies a few pages before you are mostly about adfree breaking broken (it is fixed now with a recent update a few hours ago). Yeah, you're concerned about the bugs this newer version "seems" to be causing, but he's just trying to rectify that adfree is indeed working (which is what everyone else is mislead to believing that's what you're referring to).
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 32GB - EOS 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy SIII (d2can) - PAC-Man 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to frosty5689 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fone_fanatic
Old
(Last edited by fone_fanatic; 28th June 2011 at 09:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 226

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikar_NBK View Post
My left speaker went out completely now. I using this ROM with Netformer kernel. Any ideas guys ?
Check out the [HOW-TO] Fix left speaker balance thread.

I got almost perfect balance between the 2 speakers, see my post here

Also if you read in the first post, "Voodoo sound driver v1 kernel mod (Thanks to supercurio)" is included in prime which is probably why your left speaker went quite when you switched kernels, but check links above to see if you can fix it.

I'm currently doing a nandroid backup before i flash prime v1.5, i'll report back if it reverts the tweaks i've done to fix the speaker issue.

===== UPDATE ====

So flash went smoothly, wiped dalvik cache beforehand and booted up fine and everything working great. Came from stock rooted.

As for the sound, i noticed the right is a tad louder than the left (2-3db difference using sound meter app on my dell streak). Checked srs_processing.cfg and its reverted to default. So rather than raising the left speaker, i'm lowering the right as it is loud enough.
| Magician | Wizard | Hermes | Kaiser | Raphael | Rhodium | Dell STREAK (sorry HTC )

Tags
eee, pad, prime, rom, transformer
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe