Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] Go Contacts - AOSP Contact and Dialer replacement.

Tip us?

tq745
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default [App] Go Contacts - AOSP Contact and Dialer replacement.

coming from "sense" and "tw" devices i became spoiled by the dialer option of using the t9 to look up my numbers as it is a lot easier to type someone's name rather then memorizing their number or having to scroll through your contact list. If you like using the "sense" or the "tw" method then I suggest you look up "Go Contacts" and the best part is its FREE.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tq745 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 900

DONATE TO ME
I used to use Dialer One.

VERY good phone app that gets updated often. It has several options like saving numbers which aren't saved and T9 dialing.

I used to use it religiously but now I just do voice search, "Call Dad Mobile". Seems to work easier and faster; especially while driving.

[EDIT]
It's free also.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

jpdaboss
Old
Thanks Meter 1
great app thanks
i love all the go app great developer

DeezNotes
Old
Thanks Meter 175
I've been trying out Youlu which has a dialer/sms/contacts app in one. I like it, but the sms app doesn't auto-correct words when you type. Plus some people don't like having the sms app tied to the dialer + contacts.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.youlu

aray213
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Go Contacts

I give all of the go dev team apps thumbs up. First they are free, Second they are extremely flexible in the options and setup areas. The only one I am not using right now is the go launcher just because the sock one is so friking fast I hate to slow it down at all. Not that the go launcher is slow but it just cant match the stock.
My wife like the look of my contacts screen and dialer so much she is now using go contacts on her phone as well.

TU Homer
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I have been using a Vibrant. The contacts/dialer app on the Samsung Galaxy S line is excellent. But the functionality I really am looking for on my G2X, is the ability to text a phone number, directly out of the contact app.

For example, I want to text Henry's mobile phone number to Fred. In the Samsung, I would go to Henry's contact, long-press his mobile phone number, and text that to Fred. Very clean and efficient.

Is there an app I can load on my G2X that provides the same functionality?

goldeman
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TU Homer View Post
I have been using a Vibrant. The contacts/dialer app on the Samsung Galaxy S line is excellent. But the functionality I really am looking for on my G2X, is the ability to text a phone number, directly out of the contact app.

For example, I want to text Henry's mobile phone number to Fred. In the Samsung, I would go to Henry's contact, long-press his mobile phone number, and text that to Fred. Very clean and efficient.

Is there an app I can load on my G2X that provides the same functionality?
i had a vibrant so i know what you mean ... go dialer/contact does that and has more options and thems! def worth checking out

side note ; go products are great! i use go launcher, sms, weather and dialer! of course there not as fast as stock but the look and customization trumps stock or even launcher pro plus

TU Homer
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I tried Go Contacts, and though it is a nice dialer, it does not offer the features that I described. If I long-press a mobile number, it assumes I want to text that person. If I had wanted to text that person, I would have long-pressed on the "message" icon on that number, not the number directly.

Or am I missing something obvious?

goldeman
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Long press on the number then select the option "send contact". That's the only thing I could think off.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

TU Homer
Old
Thanks Meter 27
that works! Thanks!